View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2005, 07:18 AM
hi Ian glad you are a bit better a sleep always helps i know exactly how you feel wish you all the best.

Fred
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Just sending our thoughts and prayers to you Ian! I'm glad you're feeling a bit brighter today - do take the pain killers regularly.....pain is a really depressant and chronic pain in itself will pull you down. You just can't focus properly through a fug of pain so be kind to yourself and take 'em!
You've done so well for so long, just take one day at a time, shout when you need us and we'll get through it together!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Bit of not so good news. My left foot has developed another hole below a bone, they are concerned about it and it may still lead to below knee amputation!

I'm taking two steps forward and three back all the time, I'm just so fed up, is it worth it?

Ian

I know it is just at times it is hard to see why.

Ooh Ian, I'm so sorry to hear that, I really don't know how you cope you are such a brave man. What has caused all the trouble with your feet do they know I can quite understand you feeling the way that you do, news like that is bound to make you feel like this

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Big Hugs Ian)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

and tell that Blackie to give you an extra big kiss to cheer you up
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi Foxy,

The main problem is that I have diabetes, this destroys nerve endings and reduces blood flow to the extremities (feet, hands etc) This is only part of the problem though, the other part of the problem is that the skin on my feet is so tender, with not walking on them that when the slightest bit pressure is applied either they are blistering up or the skin just breaks down. Now I have asked them how I can harden my skin up and they say there isn't anything to be done. They say the only way they will heal is complete bed rest - but for how long?

I know in the past I have said jokingly about going into a care home, but I am seriously thinking of asking to be put into like a respite home for a month or more if I can just to get the bed rest that I need. The only trouble is when I start to walk again it will just come straight back.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation really.

Ian
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2005, 12:16 PM
sorry to hear that Ian very sad but as i said i know how you feel my son has the same problem take it easy hope it gets better for you
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hi Foxy,

The main problem is that I have diabetes, this destroys nerve endings and reduces blood flow to the extremities (feet, hands etc) This is only part of the problem though, the other part of the problem is that the skin on my feet is so tender, with not walking on them that when the slightest bit pressure is applied either they are blistering up or the skin just breaks down. Now I have asked them how I can harden my skin up and they say there isn't anything to be done. They say the only way they will heal is complete bed rest - but for how long?

I know in the past I have said jokingly about going into a care home, but I am seriously thinking of asking to be put into like a respite home for a month or more if I can just to get the bed rest that I need. The only trouble is when I start to walk again it will just come straight back.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation really.

Ian
Hi Ian,

I did wonder whether diabetes was to blame because I have heard that it can affect the feet. Have you always been diabetic? My sister was diagnosed with diabetes about 2 yrs ago and she had no symptoms whatsoever. She was in hospital for something else and they tested her blood sugar and it was something like 18.9 She is on tablets to help control it, think this is type 1 diabetes isn't it She does eat a lot that she shouldn't though, she never refuses biscuits or sweet things which I thought that diabetic people hadn't got to have.

I do hope that you are able to solve the situation by having more rest, its a terrible situation that you are in
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Ian,

I did wonder whether diabetes was to blame because I have heard that it can affect the feet. Have you always been diabetic? My sister was diagnosed with diabetes about 2 yrs ago and she had no symptoms whatsoever. She was in hospital for something else and they tested her blood sugar and it was something like 18.9 She is on tablets to help control it, think this is type 1 diabetes isn't it She does eat a lot that she shouldn't though, she never refuses biscuits or sweet things which I thought that diabetic people hadn't got to have.

I do hope that you are able to solve the situation by having more rest, its a terrible situation that you are in
Hi Foxy,
I have been a known diabetic for about 18 years, but probably have had it since being a baby - I was always thirsty etc, but the hospital said there was nothing wrong!

Your sister is the same as me she is a type 2, type one must have insulin as they don't produce any at all. And as you say we should keep of sweet things, i.e. biscuits (except an occasional rich tea), sweets choclates etc, pastry.

The only way I can get more rest would be bed rest either in hospital or something like that.

Never mind.

Ian
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi Ian

It's a very tough situation to be in but you have to do what you feel is best -if you need the time out and a break from it all, taking time out might help rejuvenate your mind and there is the plus side of physical benefits.

Thinking about you Ian over this rough spell - I hope you won't hesitate in taking a well earned rest if you feel you need it. Big hugs!

xmc
sarah2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Oh Ian I am very very sorry to hear that things are so rough for you at the moment Maybe some rest and time out is what you do need? Anyway your in our thoughts and prayers.

Sarah xx
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Thinking of you xxx
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »