Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
He sounds like that Harry Enfield character "only me! You don't want do to it like that, do you"

Funnily enough, no-one's ever tried to tell me what do with my dogs!! Maybe I look too fierce

My husband's a bit like that every time I attempt some decorating, or my car breaks down
I always say that character is my neighbour. Lovely bloke but he's always done everything faster, better, cheaper etc. You just can't win!

Sheree I would just tell him to eff off, I tend to find it works wonders!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Your too nice hun

I never get that when Im out with the gang, either I am walking where it is deserted or Im running so they would have to catch me first
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:24 PM
There's a guy across the road from me who knows everything about everything - or at least he thinks he does whilst spouting bullsh1t!

I last saw him about 3 weeks ago when out with Zane and Yiannis together. He made a point of coming across the road just as I was leaving and said I ought to train my wolf better. I asked what wolf and he said the litle one. I finally sussed he was on about Jenzi (black/grey & gold sable).
Fortunately both the boys looked at him as though he was stupid. He got the hint and walked away.

I pointed out that she's a normal dog but nope. I'm wrong. I have a wolf in my house!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Out for a walk last night and I could hear 2 people walking along behind us discussing which breed Cherry and Parker were. They kept saying the dreaded "P" word and I could bear it no longer so I turned round and said "they're not Poodles, they're terriers!" AAAARRGGGGGHHHH!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all your replies...so nice to know I'm not the only one suffering in this way

It really bugs me on the forums too though, when people spout on about things they know nothing of. We're all entitled to an opinion but surely the only way to know what you're talking about it to actually have the experience?
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Funny thing is that I've never had anyone suggest any "advice" or try to tell me what to do with Luke. Other than the usual stupid comments like the horse ones, all I've ever gotten were compliments on how well behaved he is, how "amazing" it is that a little woman like me can have such control over an animal twice her size..yada yada. I suppose if he were to act out I might have heard somethign but I doubt it, considering he's the only well behaved dog in the whole bloody neighborhood lol
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
I had the one who didn't dare to have it out to me to my face but was grandstanding to her mates that I was cruel for having the dog on a long lead and spoiling his fun... said dog had just gone on an Asbo-worthy rampage of squirrel induced plot-losing and was on the lead for 10 minutes till he calmed down and regained the aforementioned plot.

Stupid bat stood there going on full blast about it... while her own dogs just ran riot completely ignoring her.

...Few days later I came across her again, dog by this time had regained the plot somewhat... hers were running riot (why is it always the gobby ones with delinquent dogs) and mine recalled beautifully coming to sit in front of me time and time again... was like "stick your lead where the sun don't shine ya daft bat."
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Ah it appears the idiots have been out in force recently . Out with the boys this morning, Chester on a flexi and Griffin off-lead, a collie on lead with a woman came round a corner so I called Griffin back and looped a finger through his collar just in case. As she walked past she commented on how lovely they were and that she'd had a red setter in the past and how mad it was but was this one nasty because he was on a lead, I said that we are working on his recall and it wasn't behaviour related, quite how a smiling tail wagging setter can be construed as nasty is beyond me but I just shrugged it off. Then she said "but of course this one's not a setter is he?" about Griffin, "he's obviously a flatcoat!". I explained that he is infact all setter just a mix of two types but that he does get mistaken for a flattie quite often, she went on to argue with me that he didn't look like a setter and that he quite patently had flatcoat in him, I just smiled sweetly and we went on with our walk, honestly there's just no helping some people !
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3