View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I know what your saying julie, but i don't want to waste their time, especially if their is some one who needs to chat to them more than me.
I guess your have leo tabs by the end of june, i think when it is the week of the results will be hard to handle it, but that weekend we are going to long eaton carnival and having a bar b on saturday night with louis cadets detachment, i have already told his colour i will be sharing her whiskey, cause i think i will need a stiff one by the end of the week.
I am ok for now, although i did count down the days at work, dunno why strange really.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
trust me you'll never be wasting their time.

they're there for anyone who needs to talk. they are fantastic people and a great comfort.

RING THEM!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Can i say i will think about it?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Dad had his Ct scan yesterday and has been admitted again.
As the scan has show blood clots on both lungs.
The actual results were given today, and its not good.

It has confirmed his cancer has spread to his bladder, bones, liver and has a number of enlarged nodes.
His kidneys are not functioning properly either, we are guessing because of his bladder cancer, the urine is backing up.

The dr we saw has said he doesn't know if dad could cope with the type of chemo he would need as treatment, and if he would really benefit from it.

I think this relates to the liver more than any where else, although i could be wrong.
Although i did read he has multiple metz in both lobes.

They are thining his blood, due to the clots but will make his bladder bleed again, so keeping him in to be ready with a tranfusion ? treatment if needed.

As soon as we arrived today, dad broke down in tears, which set us all off so we are guessing they told him this morning during the rounds.

All he kept saying to my sister and me is take care of your mum, which he knows we will.

If he is offered chemo at the mo we think he will try, cause to him he has no quality of life anyway, so he doesn't have much to lose by having a go.

By the time we left i think he got over the inital shock of the ct results,but they are planning to do an MRI of his spine to see if it is there and the cause of his immoblity.

He will be in for upto a week, depending how the clots go and or any bleeding but at the moment they have stopped most of his daily meds.

Although i was expecting some of the results, the blood clots was out of the blue, and never thought of the liver.

So all in all its really not looking good.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh Marie I'm so sorry to hear this. We are all hear if you need us that goes without saying. I'm so glad you have joined some sort of support group you need someone to be strong and support you while you are there for your family. Huge hugs on the way pet. I wish there were some inspirational words of wisdom just know we are all thinking of you xxx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks
After holding back all day, its starting to come out now.
My head is spinning and now its my time to cry.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, I am always here hun. (((hugs))) to you all xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
big hugs for you marie, what a difficult time.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I know and thanks
I need to get a grip as we are taking mum up again tommrow.
Dad seems ok ish if we can act normal, if that makes sense.
It daft really because i was expecting bad news, but seeing it on paper has hit me harder than i thought.
To be honest i don't think i can stay strong for my parents, but i need too.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Thinking of you all Marie {{{Hugs}}}

I just hope they can find a cure for your Dad, hope the chemo works x
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »