Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:59 AM

Vet bed - vet roll?

Hi guys, am in a position to be able to sort out bedding for Khal,finally Vetbed seems like the best stuff for him.

May seem like a silly question but it vet bed the same as vet roll?

Looking on Ebay & its confusing me...not that it takes much like.

Thanks guys x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:38 AM
In Kennelgate it's on a roll - I think they cut it for you though.. It confuses me too..
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:38 AM
There's a few different brands I think, VetBed is the original but I guess people may describe other brands as vet roll. I've used cheaper alternatives in the past with no problem but the VetBed I bought recently was the original. I think the copy ones often don't have the stiff green backing that VetBed does, if you want that. There'll also be Vetbed rolls because you can buy by the metre/foot or a whole roll.
Would say be careful of buying from the seller dog-beds. Went with them as they were cheapest, the colour I wanted was out of stock so they refunded me (after trying to sell me every other colour and even a fleecy dog bed instead - despite me saying it was for my pet rats!) but then tried to file it through Ebay as "buyer didn't want item". I refused (because it wasn't my fault she was out of stock!) and we had a whole palaver over it, I got tons of abuse - literally about 10 messages all in a row about how I must get a sick thrill from treating people badly, how she's selling on Ebay to support her autistic child, how I'd made her suicidal and everything! Between the woe-is-me attitude, I then got a ream of threats, trying to make me pay for other colours because I refused to accept the cancellation (had phoned Ebay who told me all she needed to do was phone to get her seller fees back anyway - they also told me she could have filed with the reason of not being able to supply the item), reporting me as non-paying if I didn't, threats of leaving negative feedback etc. - which sellers can't, so she left a positive feedback with a negative comment, which Ebay removed so she put another as a follow-up Unfortunately when I left honest feedback on her page, Ebay removed that too - despite 4 people there telling me I was OK to leave negative and one actually reading the comment and saying it was fine. Guess she makes them more money than I do though! Whoops, ranted a bit - would just say be careful, from her feedback she's fine when it goes without a glitch but just hope you don't have any problems with the sale! I ended up buying from fireinvestigationdog instead for a pound or so more, was very pleased as it arrived the next day, so would definately recommend
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:44 AM
I bought 5 big sheets of vetbed from ebay for about £40, which i think is a brilliant price.
I thin k vetroll is the same as vet bed, but obviously a much bigger quantity as its a roll of the stuff.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 08:14 AM
As others have said I would imagine its a copy of the same stuff cut from a long roll (like how they cut carpet!). Some shops will cut it off a roll for you..

I recently brought some vet bed or similar (only a small-ish piece) from Windsor dog show for only £3 In PAH it was £20 for a piece of the same size. I dont think mine is real vet bed but it does a great job lining the back of the car for me. Next dog show I go to Im going to get more
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-09-2011, 09:35 AM
I bought a roll off ebay a few years back for about £45. I think it was about 5m x 2m, which I cut up into four 48" crate size pieces and used the offcuts for the car. Good value for money compared to P@H and the like and the quality was good too.