Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 11:47 AM
I really enjoyed this!

I think that the 8 yr old breast feeding was a bit... Cuckcoooo..

BUT, the woman breastfeeding the 4yo was spanish, and it DID say that in most of teh world FOUR is the normal age to stop...!

It even said it was recommended by the World Health Organisiation or something...

I would definately breastfeed. I have no idea when till... (prob NOT four, but who knows.. )!!
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
What kind of benefite are older kiddies getting off breastmilk .....surely if they were eating a proper balanced meal they would not need it???????????I think it wrong at 8!...and as for the father....p**v was what sprung to mind!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Sponge
What kind of benefite are older kiddies getting off breastmilk .....surely if they were eating a proper balanced meal they would not need it???????????I think it wrong at 8!...and as for the father....p**v was what sprung to mind!
yep, i agree!
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:35 PM
i missed it!! i wanted to watch that
I think breastfeeding is lovely, men make me laugh moaning about it *seen the clip to the program* but that doesnt stop them buying the sun for the page 3 girls or all the mags with the fake ones lol
but i think it should only be done for a few months then on the baby milk and then onto food but thats just my idea of it
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:37 PM
you should have seen the programme that was on the same channel at 11.10!! Something about mens bits
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh yeah, the man wanting some too that was so strange. I don't think there can be that many mothers who keep breatfeeding when their children are 8. It seems really strange, especially when the girl said she would have her own breasts to suck soon
I probably didn't even know about breastfeeding when I was 7 or 8 never mind still doing it!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 07:05 PM
dont tell im the only one who saw this i tapped last night and jusy finished watching it i feed lucie for 2 months but gave up as she was a very hungry baby , but one girl was 8 and still being breast feed , im shocked to say the least did any one else see it ??? im interested to see what any one else thought
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 07:08 PM
I watched and i wasnt to impressed with the older child still being breastfed there is an age limit to it and her age was not for this it was as if her mother couldnt let go
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-02-2006, 12:24 AM
I thought it was very interesting. The lady who breast fed her son to keep the milk going until the adoption of the baby came through, nothing wrong with that and a great way to bond with the baby after all 'wet nurses' used to get paid to feed other peoples babies

Presumably children that are breast fed until they are older continue to benefit from the mothers antibodies and obtain some disease protection.

If the mother is happy and the children happy I see nothing wrong in continuing to nurse children and it can be done discretely. I am sure there would be less asthma, allergies and childhood illness if more Mothers breast fed.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I watched it ,at first I thought it would be quite strange after seeing the ads for the progamme ,but actually the people were not that strange after all ,but I did find the 8ish year old still breast feeding quite odd
I breast fed mine - Amy till she was about 1 and Duncan till he was about 3/4 months old ,its so much easier than messing about with bottles etc. and its healthy for mum and baby and helps lose some of the weight you put on while pregnant too
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >