register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Would you use this app?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 9 69.23%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Ail
New Member!
Male 

16-02-2013, 02:21 PM

App for dog owners

Hello,
I’m thinking about developing a free smartphone app for dog owners. As dog owners, I would like to get your feedback about the app. The idea behind the app is that dog owners set a profile for their dog. Then you will be able to search for different products such as dog food, toys, supplies and etc. The app will provide a recommendation per product based on your dog’s profile (breed, size, age and etc.). The recommendation is based on data provided by veterinarians, FDA, AAFCOO and other sources. You will also be able to compare prices (from PetSmart, Petco, Amazon and etc…), read reviews and a ask questions.
As dog owners, I would like to ask how many of you would think about downloading and using this app?
Thanks in advance.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't but mainly because I have a bog standard phone that just makes (wait for it ) phone calls ! Even that is never turned on unless we have an emergency like car breaks down.
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I'd try it but find if you search the internet yourself you can get most things cheaper than comparison apps/websites.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I wouldn't but mainly because I have a bog standard phone that just makes (wait for it ) phone calls ! Even that is never turned on unless we have an emergency like car breaks down.
Me too Julie

Ali I like to make my own choices too based on my own research, I would not want to rely on some 'application', sorry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

16-02-2013, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't - I search the internet.

Good idea though and thanks for sharing.