View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: motorway speed limit
decrease speed limit 1 3.70%
keep the same 18 66.67%
increase speed limit 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bart
Dogsey Junior

03-03-2005, 07:44 PM

speed limit

as i was caught earlier this week my vote is yes,lol
but on uk motorways do you think 70 mph is enough or do you think it should be increased if so to what speed.
should we be like germany and have no restrictions or should it be decreased to cut major accidents. whats your thoughts
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 07:46 PM
decreasing would only add to congestion

Using the motorway everyday id say increase but unsure as to what or any restrictions- Id need more info really
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2005, 08:06 PM
I think for safety reasons....eg wet, icy weather 70mph is sufficient enough to get you to where you want to go safely.

So i voted for keep it the same.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 08:22 PM
the motorway is the worst place to speed, you are much more likely to get caught for starters what with cameras and unmarked cars and the likes, its not worth it especially if you have a driving job and you need a clean license.
My OH has a sports car and he never drives it fast on straight roads or motorways cos thats where everyone and his dog goes fast he saves the speed for the tight twisty quietroads where you can appreciate it much more and your less likely to get pulled for speeding. His car does 0 -60 in about 4 secs and 0-100 in about 13 so he has nothig to prove, when were on the motorway hes quite happy to get overtaken by big rangerovers and stuff like that, cos when were on a normal road, we can pull out and overtake a whole line of traffic and leave them standing so that makes up for the frustraton of boring motorway driving !!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 08:24 PM
i voted keep it the same but if there was a poll for ordinary roads i think there should be special roads just for people with silly cars so they can drive them at outrageous speeds and not have to worry about the law

just kidding
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
the motorway is the worst place to speed, you are much more likely to get caught for starters what with cameras and unmarked cars and the likes, its not worth it especially if you have a driving job and you need a clean license.
My OH has a sports car and he never drives it fast on straight roads or motorways cos thats where everyone and his dog goes fast he saves the speed for the tight twisty quietroads where you can appreciate it much more and your less likely to get pulled for speeding. His car does 0 -60 in about 4 secs and 0-100 in about 13 so he has nothig to prove, when were on the motorway hes quite happy to get overtaken by big rangerovers and stuff like that, cos when were on a normal road, we can pull out and overtake a whole line of traffic and leave them standing so that makes up for the frustraton of boring motorway driving !!

blimey i hope i dont meet him coming the other way on a country road!
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 08:31 PM
I voted for increased speed but think that there should be a special road for people who do 40miles/hr in the middle lane of the motorway like we had yesterday on the way to work.
Mary
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 08:34 PM
You would probably s*** your pants, but its a very noisy car so youd probably hear us coming before you saw us
If he gets too carried away I usually keep him in check, he gets a serious slap if he scares any horses or cows etc in fields, and he never crosses the white line on corners where he cant see clear, I keep him right, if I think hes going too fast I make him slow down
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Is there a speed limit on the motorway ? The way people zoom past us when we are doing 65-70 I thought they had abolished it
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 08:55 PM
I know, i think a lot of people break it

tut tut
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >