Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 01:26 PM

Asthma & hayfever

I've suffered from hayfever for nearly 16 years now and strangley grew into it rather than out like most people do,but last 2-3 years its gotten worse and my breathing has followed same route.

Up until few months ago,i smoked atleast 20 a day so thought it was the ciggies which was causing the heavy chest etc,but since giving up-my breathing massivly improved and cough dissapeared.Last night however,i was in a living hell cause i couldnt catch a breath and it spooked me.During winter im fine with no sneezing,runny eyes etc and breathing was never this bad.

I was coughing quite bad and couldnt snatch more than a short breath last night and someone this morning told me to see my doc cause hayfever and asthma are related.Im reluctant to see doc unless i really have to so just want others opinions before i commit myself!

Anyone else suffer from asthma and how do they deal with it???
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 01:34 PM
sorry about that babe. i have to say your dr will help you and i think you should go. hope you feel much better soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 03:19 PM
hi, i have hayfever and had childhood asthma,i am fine all year until hayfever season and then it feels as if someone is sitting on my chest and i wheeze something terrible it is the only time of year i use an inhaler i would go to your doctor and explain and the situation,it sounds like you have the same problem as me,good luck
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by griff
it feels as if someone is sitting on my chest and i wheeze something terrible
Thats excally it Griff! I was trying to descibe it,but your way sums it up perfectly.

Oh well-have to make an appointment with my GP-who i dont particulary like.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 06:33 PM
have you got an nhs walk in centre? you could go there and say you were worried or go to an emergency dr and say the same thing?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Steve

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I too also suffer from hayfever and like you grew into it and so far no sign of growing out of it A few years ago I was like you unable to breath and even spent one night haning out of a window to help with the breathing. It was asthma and I was given and inhaler it was wonderful to be able to breath again. Get to a doc asap as it will not go on its own and you may get worse.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Steve, read this:
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37483

That was this week.

I also used to smoke, quit 2 years ago. I have also found out since that one person I know has ended up with similar since quiting 3 years ago, and one who is the same but still smokes.

Go see your doctor, I did and am glad I did. xx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks for that Trish-intresting reading!

I will phone GP on monday cause my breathing i can feel is starting to get heavy once again.Hopefully tonight though-i wont have a repeat occurance like yesterday.

Im still annoyed Trish cause i never had any allergies until i turned 20 (im 35 now) then started getting hayfever which i think now has turned into asthma.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Me too Steve, developed hayfever when I was 26, and now 33. I thought I was going to be told I now have asthma, but no, they say not.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Now the hayfever is starting to get worse cause my beak is starting to run! Cheers for the help Trish-very much appreciated and hope you feel better now.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >