View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi

As long as you and pups ok....all that matters...

Sky (cranky old staffie ) send hugs to you and puplets....and agrees with Amie....

100 Lines.... ......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your ordeal,glad you are all ok.
I expect the remark about its reliability around children just came out through shock,it seems now you have settled down and got over the ordeal you realise this may not be the case.Shock can do funny things to people I am sure I would of said the same thing regardless of its breed.then got home and wished I hadn't said it,as because dogs are dog aggressive doesn't make them human aggressive.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Glad your pups are ok. Owners of dog aggressive dogs should always be on the look out for other dogs approaching and, in my opinion, should not be offlead anywhere around other dogs.

It's not only little dogs that have problems - we own the friendliest Golden retriever but if a dog is going to have a go it is always him that they go for.

I too always put him back on his lead if I see another dog around until I have checked with the owner if it is ok to let him back off.

As you were on a road it would have been sensible for the other dog to have been on a lead anyway.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal,glad you are all ok.
I expect the remark about its reliability around children just came out through shock,it seems now you have settled down and got over the ordeal you realise this may not be the case.Shock can do funny things to people I am sure I would of said the same thing regardless of its breed.then got home and wished I hadn't said it,as because dogs are dog aggressive doesn't make them human aggressive.

If I had to give any reason for saying it I would prob say it was to be hurtful and nasty shame on me but I have had time to mull it over and it was just stupid asking what age it was came I think from the fact it was so small and if he had told me it was a pup i would have believed him, then going on to spurt the child thing was :smt078 I should know better
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
I have a small jack russell that is quite timid and she has been attacked several times when we have been out for walks by bigger dogs off lead- Im always on my guard. Shes on a harness so i can scoop her up if I need to
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-10-2006, 08:42 PM
So glad to hear your pups are okay, the staffie or any other dog for that matter in a housing estate should have been on a lead. I have both big dogs and small dogs and can appreciate what you are saying, my old borzoi was attacked by a staffie and a staffie X . Don't blame the dogs blame the owner he opened the door in his pj's and let the dogs run out and one went for the borzoi and the other for my o/h he still has the scars and in this case if it had been a child or an older person walking their dogs it may have been a lot worse as one of these dogs was people aggresive as well as dog aggressive Not picking of SBT's just so happened this was the breed the silly man had and like the guy who's dog was off lead and went for the DP's pups he was another irresponsible owner.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
I have a small jack russell that is quite timid and she has been attacked several times when we have been out for walks by bigger dogs off lead- Im always on my guard. Shes on a harness so i can scoop her up if I need to
I have new found respect for peeps with small dogs I in the past was a bit miffed when people did this when the rotts were approching, but you just wouldn't take that chance if your dog has been attacked already
seeing two large rotts would do it for most folk i think,

the pups are 14 weeks old and to be honest there is no way i could have lifted them both and when the tiny staffy landed on top of vinnie it kind of looked like a jockey it was smaller that he was by a fair bit,
guess im getting more mellow about it now just had a smile at the thought of the staffy wearing a little silk jockey outfit
X shona X
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
So glad to hear your pups are okay, the staffie or any other dog for that matter in a housing estate should have been on a lead. I have both big dogs and small dogs and can appreciate what you are saying, my old borzoi was attacked by a staffie and a staffie X . Don't blame the dogs blame the owner he opened the door in his pj's and let the dogs run out and one went for the borzoi and the other for my o/h he still has the scars and in this case if it had been a child or an older person walking their dogs it may have been a lot worse. Not picking of SBT's just so happened this was the breed the silly man had and like the guy who's dog wa soff lead and went for the pups he wa another irresponsible owner.
Your right its the owner I dont blame the dog but it put the fear of god into me the thought of the pups screaming and me not being able to get it off ] makes you feel helpless
lucky they are none the worse walked them by there tonight and they did not bat an eye dont think they even rememberd ]
I have been soooo lucky but will be more careful with pups on there own in future, the last thing i want is the pups to be anit social due to this owners stipidity
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
what a frightening experience, so pleased at the outcome though. I have 2 small dogs, very placid too, and I often worry about this too!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Id I hadnt picked my dog up Im sure she would be dead by now- shes always on lead and been attacked by a GSD, an Akita and by a Staffie which I was surprised at as it was a pup only 10 months old...all of these dogs were off lead and nowhere near their owners.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >