Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I wouldnt be in the position in the first place..(never having kids an all that).

You do not need to have kids to be on benefits.

Theres people to help, theres advice.

You have to know where, how, when and who to ask.

although I must point out that I have not moaned about anyone on benefits, I merely made the point that those on benefits seem to be able to do a wee bit more than those who work hours aweek to supply for a family.

Seem being the operative word.

(Jeremy Kyle, did a great show on this the other week)
Ah Yes, Jeremy Vile, who hosts such a great cross section of the public on his show..................
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes alot of people on benefits are getting more than them paid on the min wage. I know for a fact that alot of these single mums that have a child, pregnant with the next are bringing in more than some that go out to work. These include old school friends, that are happily jobless, creating a wee family, flat given to them, rent paid, on top of the benefits.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I wouldnt be in the position in the first place..(never having kids an all that).
but in this scenario you are. You couldnt control the fact that someone beat you up and left you in hospital and your man ******ed off and left you with no money...
Theres people to help, theres advice.
people like you who say they have plenty money and sit on FB all day? you would help them? How do they help them?
although I must point out that I have not moaned about anyone on benefits, I merely made the point that those on benefits seem to be able to do a wee bit more than those who work hours aweek to supply for a family.
and you know this how? what do they do that people who work cant do?
(Jeremy Kyle, did a great show on this the other week)
and Jeremy Kyle is the place for facts isnt it, no editing, no explanation of social influence or economics.....

and you havent explained yet...what EXACTLY will you CHOOSE to do to get off benefits?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Ah Yes, Jeremy Vile, who hosts such a great cross section of the public on his show..................
haha..now thats good actually (as someone that doesnt like him). He brought some interesting points to his programme, while investigating.

I am aware you dont need to have kids to be on benefits I was told to imagine myself stuck looking after them.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:28 PM
people like you who say they have plenty money and sit on FB all day? you would help them? How do they help them?

I dont understand what you are saying here?

& I would attempt anything to get myself off benefits, what a waste of a life..not earning for yourself, no career, not making something of yourself But while the benefit life is so easy, many wont get off their bums.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Yes alot of people on benefits are getting more than them paid on the min wage. I know for a fact that alot of these single mums that have a child, pregnant with the next are bringing in more than some that go out to work. These include old school friends, that are happily jobless, creating a wee family, flat given to them, rent paid, on top of the benefits.
I doubt if they will be getting more gross, they may end up with more disposable income than others because of various subsidies etc, but the gross income will not be more.

But even if they do, so what?

Do you ENVY them?

If the state says they are entitled to it, then they are doing nothing wrong.

Whether you like it or not.

I am not so sure that their lives are so rosy, and if they are then good luck to them.

I would like EVERYONE to have a rosy life.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:30 PM

& I would attempt anything to get myself off benefits, what a waste of a life..not earning for yourself, no career, not making something of yourself But while the benefit life is so easy, many wont get off their bums.

But how, you live in a council house, you have no car, you have no job because there ARE no jobs in the town where you live. Please explain how you would get off benefits.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I doubt if they will be getting more gross, they may end up with more disposable income than others because of various subsidies etc, but the gross income will not be more.

But even if they do, so what?

Do you ENVY them?

If the state says they are entitled to it, then they are doing nothing wrong.

Whether you like it or not.

I am not so sure that their lives are so rosy, and if they are then good luck to them.

I would like EVERYONE to have a rosy life.
I most certainly do not envy them, I would rather work to death, making something of myself than sit around taking others money.

If their entitled to it fine, I just feel that maybe its to much of an easy life for some, why would people want to go to work when their getting alot handed to them on a plate?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:32 PM

being faced with an attitude like that whilst doing your best as you know it for your kids is not going to help anyone get out of hard times, you said theres people who would help but how do they help them?

and while you feel bad because your children live in poverty/income deprivation, you cant go out and earn for yourself, you have no career, 'not making anything of yourself' yet people tell you your 'benefit life is so easy' you are going to get off benefits HOW EXACTLY?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:34 PM
I most certainly do not envy them, I would rather work to death, making something of myself than sit around taking others money.

If their entitled to it fine, I just feel that maybe its to much of an easy life for some, why would people want to go to work when their getting alot handed to them on a plate?
Some people DO want to work and do so even if they get less than they would on benefits, because they have learned and been taught the work ethic.

This is exactly my point.

If you are surrounded by role models who do NOT have that work ethic, how will you "choose" to have one?

And WHERE will you work if there is no employment?
Page 14 of 19 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »