Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 09:36 AM

Appointments - No Show - How annoying!

Ok so oh and I visited the Ideal Home Show earlier this year, and one of the companies called last night to see if we have moved. I explained we are now staying and would like a quote for a conservatory. Appointment was made for today at 10am, even had another call last night to re-confirm....

10.34am, no show, no telephone call, nothing - what a blooming waste of a morning ( for both of us as oh has hung on too) Oh has new phone this morning and has cleared all the content from his phone so do not have a number to call and can't find a number anywhere.

Just out of interest how do companies survive nowadays with constant no shows ?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 10:33 AM
God knows!
and yet when we lived in a flat we had constant calls from companies trying to get us to have a conservatory on the 2nd floor!

I try to go by word of mouth if ever I need anything like that nowadays, if friends have been pleased I'll give the company a go.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 11:08 AM
If this is an indication of what they are like as a company and with their committment to clients, then perhaps better that they did not turn up today, rather than half way through a job!!

So annoying though..........
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi Trace sounds like you have had a waste of morning, I don't know how they survive either I would seriously go with another company

Trixy xx
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Some people are so unreliable it is no joke. I was supposed to have somebody come and see my car last night..no show. Also I tutor kids and I was supposed to have a new start on Monday(had phoned to confirm Sunday)..no show. As somebody else said though it is probably better that they don't turn up than be unreliable further down the line. You have my sympathy!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Typical "can't be ar*ed" attitude. I hope when they do ring you tell them to go forth and multiply, but not in those words. Twonks like this do not deserve your business
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 05:20 PM
How annoying for you. I had the same problem with builders & they were members of the Federation of Masters Builders as well.

Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
If this is an indication of what they are like as a company and with their committment to clients, then perhaps better that they did not turn up today, rather than half way through a job!!
Totally agree with that. But, if they do call to apologise & arrange another visit I would say ok, insist they will have to come out on a weekend as you are not prepared to take any more time off work. Then I'd go out when they were meant to turn up & waste some of their time & see how they like it
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Managed to track them down, and was told it was the regional manager who would be calling on us "Wouldn't you mean" - told them to bog off!
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Told them to bog off ---- I like it good for you i would have tol them the same