Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Just a pic to amuse you all

Me with my drip set up! 3 at night, and 2 during the day - for 5 days/nights! (Plus me in my PJs lol)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey,

I've just read through you're whole thread and I'm sorry that you have had to try a new Chemo - you're brave though.

If I was closer I would come and visit Unfortunately I'm not

Good luck *fingers crossed*

Aimee
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Awwww hugs hun xx

I hope things go well for you, sending some more positive thoughts your way xxxxxxxxxxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Love the PJs and 3 drips is just greedy!

x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi everyone!
Have neglected this for a while, so thought I would update.

Had 2 scans after 2nd chemo, and got the results a fortnight ago.
It's worked really well, so doctors are pleased.
We got to see the PET scans, which was amazing to see how much the cancer had shrank, and also how less active it is.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not cured, and it hasn't gone, there is a LOT of cancerous lymph nodes in my chest. The ones under my arm are a lot smaller and less active.
A lot of the ones in my neck have gone, and the ones that remain are not very active at all.

Last Tuesday Isochick (sister) came with me to the hospital as I had an appointment with the doctor who deals with the transplants.
I should be having my transplant in about 4 weeks, but before I have it, I've got to have some organ functions tests, and Isochick (my donor) also has to have some tests, and have some medication just before she donates - to stimulate the growth of more stem cells.

Because i've got to have these tests, the doctor wants me to have another dose of chemo - not because I 'need' it, but more because he doesn't want me to go 8 weeks with no chemo, as my cancer is very agressive, and will start to grow in that time (it's 4 weeks since I finished 2nd chemo, and 4 weeks till transplant).

They tried to get me a bed late last week, so I could be out by the start/middle of next week, but unfortunately there were no beds until Monday.
So I go in on Monday morning, and they will try to rush the chemo & fluids as much as they can to get me out on Christmas Eve. If not, it will be Christmas Day that I get out on!

I have to go back on 4th January to see the transplant doctor again (I will have had organ function tests by then), and hopefully should have the transplant a week or 2 after that.

Just a link to my blog, as I have updated that once or twice in the past month!
http://heatherslymphoma.blogspot.com/

Thanks again to everyone for all your support
x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes Lets hope you battle it into submission this time.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks you two
Am now bald (ok, I have fuzz), and half-way through my hospital stay for this last chemo.
Should be out sometimes x-mas eve late afternoon/early evening!

Very bloated as i'm on massive bags of sodium chloride and potattium 24/7, aswell as the bags of chemo- very uncomfortable!

I've been rather depressed this week, as not only is it mine and OHs first christmas together, and we're apart this week....today (Wednesday) is 15 years since my Dad died of cancer. He was also a patient at this hospital (didn't die here though) - but doesn't help the depression!

Ahh well, home to my lovely family for Christmas
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Heather just caught up with this thread, bet you are looking forward to being home for Christmas.
Think I agree this says it best........

Merry Christmas my friend; Merry Christmas.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Thinking of you H *Hugs*
Page 53 of 70 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 > Last »