Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 09:40 AM

Here lies the challenge - walking in the south

Hi all

Have a challenge on my hands, and was wondering if anyone could provide a few solutions or answers

We live in Kent and are looking for a great place to go walking/hiking/tramping - whatever you like to call it.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go that isn't too far away and here is the challenge:

OH suffers from hayfever so it has to be somewhere that isn't exposed to the winds....hmmmm this is going to be a tough one!

I guess the sensible answer is to wait until the hayfever season is over - but am quickly losing my marbles at the moment being cooped up.

Any other suggestions perhaps for a bit of the outdoor life without effecting OH too much in the process?

Thanks
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 09:51 AM
The walks over the north downs are lovely http://http://www.nationaltrails.gov...nsframeset.htm
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Great website! Thank you Julie, will investigate into this further
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Ingrid can't help with the walk but has you Oh tried this , I just posted elswhere for Foxy's dog If you OH is allergic to pollen and a hayfeaver sufferers buy some local organic honey if you can find it and it must be local and take little every day in the summer. The idea is local bees collect local honey, so you will be desensitising OH to the local pollen
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Ingrid can't help with the walk but has you Oh tried this , I just posted elswhere for Foxy's dog If you OH is allergic to pollen and a hayfeaver sufferers buy some local organic honey if you can find it and it must be local and take little every day in the summer. The idea is local bees collect local honey, so you will be desensitising OH to the local pollen
HI Thanks Mini We've tried to find honey local to us but haven't had much joy - I think we're going to have to go and see if there are any farmstores on the outskirts to see if we can locate some.

Thanks for the advice
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
HI Thanks Mini We've tried to find honey local to us but haven't had much joy - I think we're going to have to go and see if there are any farmstores on the outskirts to see if we can locate some.

Thanks for the advice
try looking for 'Beekepers' in your area...a web search/yellow pages ? Also local delicatessen and the Womens Institue weekly markets usually held on a Friday
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 11:47 AM
If you go to your local health shop not holl & Bar they will be able to give OH pills to stop his hayfever and they are all natural so no side affects my friend has really bad hayfever and it has helped cure hers and it worked out cheaper thaan prescription meds.
Hope this helps
Mary
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi M/c, have you given him Piriton tabs like we do with the dogs?? They are excellent for hayfever? What about the South Downs way it goes all the way across the South Downs, and you will pass my house en-route! Lol! I will put the kettle on!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by abbymum
If you go to your local health shop not holl & Bar they will be able to give OH pills to stop his hayfever and they are all natural so no side affects my friend has really bad hayfever and it has helped cure hers and it worked out cheaper thaan prescription meds.
Hope this helps
Mary
Thanks Abbysmum - think he's on benadryl, new era tissue salts, and some herbal tablets, plus beconase - but only temporarily helps

Only one more month of it to deal with though
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi M/c, have you given him Piriton tabs like we do with the dogs?? They are excellent for hayfever? What about the South Downs way it goes all the way across the South Downs, and you will pass my house en-route! Lol! I will put the kettle on!
Thanks Helen - LOL if we eventually get down that way I'll be sure to be looking out for Cassie and Georgie as beacons for your house

You'll be able to hear OH sneezing a mile a way though

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >