Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I did Mezty and it was lovely to see. but I am leaving this thread now because some people will not engage in adult debate.
Might even leave the forum totally. I dont mind debate but when people post pics etc just to wind others up then it defeats the object of the debate.
very disappointed I have been on this forum for a while now I this is the first time this has happened.
I thought I was having an adult debate
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Dawn, that's because they like the cute, fluffy image that a fox gives. Wonder how quick they'd change their minds if they had one come in and destroy a shed of chickens?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Dawn, that's because they like the cute, fluffy image that a fox gives. Wonder how quick they'd change their minds if they had one come in and destroy a shed of chickens?
Yep, youre right. See what they cannot understand is that most people who control Foxes also like them. I do, I wouldnt of spent £55 to photograph them at close hand if I didnt, I expect you like them too.

Many think we want them wiped out, WE DONT, nothing could be further from the truth, but they DO need controlling and thats what I will do as will others.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yep, youre right. See what they cannot understand is that most people who control Foxes also like them. I do, I wouldnt of spent £55 to photograph them at close hand if I didnt, I expect you like them too.

Many think we want them wiped out, WE DONT, nothing could be further from the truth, but they DO need controlling and thats what I will do as will others.
I totally agree Dawn. I do like foxes too, but not when they're taking peoples lively hoods away from them just for the sake of killing. Everything has to be controlled, one way or another and I'd rather see a fox taken by the hound than I would by the gun. It's quicker and cleaner.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Not getting into an argument but I think fox hunting is disgusting. I know of foxes that have been 'captured' and released simply for people's lust for 'blood'. Shocking, primimitive and downright cruel, imho.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Not getting into an argument but I think fox hunting is disgusting. I know of foxes that have been 'captured' and released simply for people's lust for 'blood'. Shocking, primimitive and downright cruel, imho.
Isn't that 'lust for blood' a primitive thing in all of us?
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
A few years ago i bought the kids 2 adult female rabbits, 2 weeks later they had babies Although none of it planned i enjoyed the experience, and the kids helped me with the baby rabbits we now had. When they where 4 weeks old a fox got them all and the mum and dad..... i walked up my garden to feed them with my daughter who was about 4 at the time. It looked like a scene from a horror film.

I rushed my daughter inside and burst into tears....

I still don't like the idea of fox hunting, i am no expert and have never witnessed it personnally, but the idea of a fox running for its life and then being torn apart whilst people watch is not something i understand people wanting to do.

I think its the idea of people wanting to do this that bothers me.

Don't ask me what the anwser is as i have no idea and i can also understand the devastation they cause to people and their business's.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:42 AM
'Like many another opponent of hunting, Ann Widdecombe is unimpressed by the arguments in its favour advanced by the Countryside Alliance and others. “It is a very inefficient form of pesticide, as studies have shown in recent years that only about 6% of fox destruction is accounted for by hunting. The idea that the countryside would suddenly be overrun by foxes without it is just nonsense. It’s a cruel and unnecessary practice.”'

Taken from below link:
http://www.icons.org.uk/theicons/col...rview-finished
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:10 AM
'Like many another opponent of hunting, Ann Widdecombe is unimpressed by the arguments in its favour advanced by the Countryside Alliance and others. “It is a very inefficient form of pesticide, as studies have shown in recent years that only about 6% of fox destruction is accounted for by hunting. The idea that the countryside would suddenly be overrun by foxes without it is just nonsense. It’s a cruel and unnecessary practice.”'

Taken from below link:
Then she should of taken a visit to our field.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Taken from below link:
PLEASE come and visit us then and some of the surrounding areas if you think what you have said is correct. You dont seem to realise that Foxes are suffering far more than they ever did now, as I said come see some of the dreadful specimens here which are suffering terribly with poor management.
Page 21 of 94 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 71 > Last »