Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Homeo Pet ANXIETY.
I bought some I think on your recommendation, but unfortunatly it done nothing to help Kyiro.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Sorry jeagi but I'm not convinced by homeopathy.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2012, 09:12 PM
We turn the tv up, shut all the curtains, put all the lights on and ignore any noises from outside. We walk as soon as we get home from work and don't go out again. fireworks are going off now but don't seem too bad.

I think Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday will bad and we won't go out on Saturday night, don't know what we will find when we get back.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Please don't suggest Homeo Pet ANXIETY (been there, done that - didn't help at all)
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
I've today ordered some Zylkene for both dogs, I'm hoping it'll help.
Zylkene can be quite effective so fingers crossed for your dog

My dog was brought up with fireworks cds etc and used to be fine with them, but after some kids let off very loud unexpected bangers, she got scared.

So far I've been using a combo of DAP/ADAPTIL diffuser and scullcap and valerian. The latter is great, (so I have found) but like Zylkene it does need to be sort of "loaded" so you need to start a couple of weeks previous to any suspected fireworks bangs

Wys
x
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
Please don't suggest Homeo Pet ANXIETY (been there, done that - didn't help at all)
Why put that up?
It helped with my Jeager for 4 years. If it can help, just one other poor Dog, it is worth it. I am only trying to help.
As SB said, not all things work for all Dogs. So Not all things "Won't work for every Dog!"
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Why put that up?
It helped with my Jeager for 4 years. If it can help, just one other poor Dog, it is worth it. I am only trying to help.
As SB said, not all things work for all Dogs. So Not all things "Won't work for every Dog!"
I put it up in case you suggested it in reply to my message.

It wasn't meant nastily, just didn't want you to waste your time.
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Sorry jeagi but I'm not convinced by homeopathy.
Maybe if it's only a slight anxiety then homeopathy may help .... I'm not normally convinced by these types of things but also hate the idea of drugging up my dog in this situation.

We have decided to run away from the fireworks next weekend and go stay with the in-laws who live in the middle of nowhere. (This is partly for my own benefit as well )
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Just had some prick nearby setting a couple off in broad daylight while the dogs were in the garden How can you plan for that? Seems Gracie isn't all that bothered which is good but loud bangs set Gelert off into a barking frenzy. They've stopped now but he's still all wound up. I am fast becoming the Grinch of the firework season.
Sundance
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Someone on this site suggested 'Homeo Pet' Anxiety TFLN. If you search on-line you'll find it. It has excellent reviews! And is designed to stop anxiety for dogs.
Thanks for the info - used in on the two pooches and it did seem to calm them down quite a lot. I only used half recommended dose but they seemed chilled! We didn't have the usual whizzers, screamers and bangers close by the house so that will be the test next year.

eta. Still have enough left to cover the New Year Celebrations
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >