View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Beautiful pictures - especially the sheps peering into their respective holes and playing with balls......lol......wish all dogs had such a great environment.....
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2012, 05:01 PM
they're beautiful Moobli. how do you ever get them back home? they just seem to be so at ease, in the wild!!
ps. don't forget the pics of Zak.. with the sheep.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by LupiLu View Post
Lovely photos, beautiful dogs. Flame reminds me of my Dido, they become extra special as they get older don't they? Yogi is a handsome boy - how do you manage to keep him so clean and well groomed? My lot always look like they've been through a hedge backwards after swimming in a bog lol. And Zak is looking wonderful as always Collies look great too - but I'm not really a collie person so forgive what may seem a lack of enthusiasm!

Your walk looks wonderful - and I'm jealous of the complete lack of sheep - it's wall to wall with them here this time of year and while Phoebe and Dido are absolutely fine I can't really relax with Enfys. We're lucky though in that we have miles of forestry for our summer walks and in the winter when the sheep have gone we have the whole of the mountain to ramble around.

Thanks for the photos - I'm glad it wasn't raining for you. We left home for our afternoon walk in the sunshine but by the time we got part of the way round it was raining again
We are lucky in that the hill directly behind our house - which covers a good few 100 acres is sheep-free, as part of the heather regeneration project that the gamekeepers have going. However, there are sheep just about everywhere else

This is the field in front of our cottage

Unfortunately I can't really complain about the sheep ... as my husband is a shepherd

My dogs are all trained to ignore them, but they do get tempted sometimes

The oldies are very special aren't they We just have to enjoy each day we share with them.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by STGSD View Post
Really beautiful shots the heather adds a lovely touch!
Thanks Sarah. I love the hill at this time of year when the heather turns purple, it is at its most beautiful.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Beautiful pictures - especially the sheps peering into their respective holes and playing with balls......lol......wish all dogs had such a great environment.....
Thanks Northern The dogs just love working that hill for rabbits - their noses are given a real workout
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
they're beautiful Moobli. how do you ever get them back home? they just seem to be so at ease, in the wild!!
ps. don't forget the pics of Zak.. with the sheep.
Thanks Jeagi - glad you enjoyed them.

It isn't too hard to get them home - as we live on the hill and they know that we are usually only going home for a pit stop and to recharge before we are off out again

I had totally forgotten about the photo you had requested The lambs are all a bit big now ... but I will try
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Cracking photos Kirsty. Seeing that lovely heather makes me realise how much I miss visiting the Peak District.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks Leanne. I love the Peak too - it is years since I last visited
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Lovely pics of your gorgeous dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran