Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 09:03 PM
And so he should you deserve to being treated nice,
It just started raining again, Rosie got in her bed as if to say, you not taking me out in this again not planning on, I'm in my pj's
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Nonono...rain and PJs nope!
In case I vanish I have took a sleeping tablet
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Hope you get a good nights sleep Griff
I'm going up shortly am tired tonight
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
right, your mission will be one day this year you HAVE to go to a carvery!!! your little sis has spoken!.........................................We are going out next saturday as he is on a week of nights
OK message received and understood, I'll let you know when we go.

Looks like all is progressing nicely on the B/F front, I must say even an old grumpy guts like me finds it enchanting when two young people get together
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
have found that the vets local to me, that I binned years ago, mainly due to the attitude of their receptionists actually (still waiting for the promised call back 7 years ago)
Hi June, I haven't posted much about it but we changed vets for a similar reason, the two vets I dealt with (one male one female) were good but the receptionists and the admin were awful. Do they get special trainning in how to be difficult and dense
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Have had a quick scan, sorry I can't remember everything but seems like you are all busy which is good. Was nice of LG to help out Griff, next thing he'll be offering to rent a room in his mansion on the moors for a weekend away for both of them

I must see if Casey will eat potatoes, he eats almost anything else

Goodnight all see you tomorrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Pouring down here, Zen is in bed and not seen her for a couple of hours, probably sulking.
The attitude of the receptionists was appalling, Harvey, one in particular stood out as downright nasty, said some dreadful things as regards my dogs and what they were. Then they got a couple of important (and expensive) blood tests wrong, due to their ineptitude I had to have one done again by my new vets who actually picked up on it and explained why it had been done wrong, the other one I actually missed a mating because they told me Lona had already ovulated, when she hadn't. I wasn't prepared to pay people to be rude, arrogant AND be incapable of carrying out the job I was paying them to do. I don't want Zen being pumped full of steroids and painkillers, which is what will happen if we go to my otherwise fantastic current vets, for Zens sake I am going back to the former ones. There used to be a lovely vet there I saw, but he has probably retired as all of a sudden he wasn't there. He was amazing with Tawney when she had her strokes,once he was gone the whole attitude changed.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-07-2016, 12:01 AM
June - When I go to the vets with one of mine, I discuss what is wrong and what I want doing. If I don't want a particular type or sort of treatment, I just don't have it.
You are the paying customer - you tell them. They are only there to offer a diagnosis and profer a treatment, nail them down as to options. Never mind the quick and easy steroid shot or metacam. Get your money's worth and put them through the hoop a bit - many of them are too used to getting their own way and charging what they want.
Your animal - your money - you call the shots!
As regards snotty staff - ask for the practice manager and have a private chat with whomsoever that is! Make them aware of what is going on at their "front of house".
With those kind words I'll bid you goodnight - see you tomorrow. G.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5