register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Lynn, I am so very sorry to hear about Gill, last news was that the drugs had turned her round and she was so much better, really thought a positive outcomne was on the cards, and now this awful news Nothing can be said that hasn't already been said and I am so sad to hear this.
Hoping your cough and cold is better today and it goes soon.
Welllllll.....you are all going to hate me.....blue skies and sunshine here, umbrella up for the girls, citronella candles burning, I've got some citronella and also lavender tealights as well and will put those in lanterns in the kennels when we've done walks. Back not wonderful, knees still hurting as well, but have been a lot worse, taken a couple of the super duper pain killers and will give them an hour to kick in, get Zen out and see how she is doing and if I can start on the bits she wouldn't let me near. She is so matted, they are pretty loose and hoping I can make inroads on that part of her today
LG you must be really sore, don't blame you for going for a siesta
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Thank you griff and June. It was better news about the tamoxifen seeming to turn things round but we really knew it was just giving her more time. For how long is the million dollar question for now it seems ok so we plod on regardless but knowing as I think we always have she is on borrowed time.
But you know what they say where there's life there's hope.
Can you send some sun our way please its awful here dark, humid and raining again. Dillon and I have decided not to go for a walk the humidity not good for me at the moment certainly not for Dillon so he has been brushed which is abiog game for him and had his buster cube with some treats.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 12:11 PM
To my landlady, not sent yet but open for comment please.

"I am still pursuing things with the hospital and my doctor and hope to have better news soon. As at the moment my operation is fixed for the 9th July and would normally involve three months recuperation. I am still suffering the same conditions that put a stop to my operation before and am anxious that unless a miracle happens I shall still be unable to go ahead on the 9th July.

Steve was somewhat astonished that you would expect him to rise to the occasion after your last remarks to him that he had no say in the things as he was only a guest after he had done so much to repair and make good the plastering around the place for which you did not contribute. So I do not think I can look to him to help, besides which he has a bad back and would not be able to move the heavy white goods. He also has to earn a living elsewhere.

I wanted to get help maybe from Age UK but this would be the only way forward. But to put up with this upheaval when you have had plenty of years previously to do this work I feel very much upset about it. At the moment I am still fighting with the medics over my problems so I am sorry but things may not go as you or I wish. "

What do you think folks, shall I send it or tone it down a bit?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Latest piece on www.northlancing.org click on Tyto.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Moyra not sure if mentioning Steve will help. I think you could say more and maybe get the landlady to get someone in sooner to do the work and move the fittings etc. Would make it easier for you after your op.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't know what to say really Moyra, to be honest i think by law she has the right to do the repairs/improvements and only has to give a bit of notice, when is she planning on doing the works? i agree with Brenda, maybe she will be able to fit it in before your op so it is all over and done with...if you refuse to allow access she may well serve you with a notice to quit...i think that gives you 2 months or something
TW, we don't have brilliant sunshine but it is warm enough at the moment to wear just a tshirt, i think we may be getting a shower later so am debating taking the dogs out together to get it over and done with Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 12:48 PM
I mentioned Steve in my draft e-mail because she had the cheek to expect him to do the clearing of the kitchen, so any other opinions, I appreciate them all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, I am concerned for you and Riannon as we have not seen you on here for a day or two. Hope you are both ok.
Thanks for that Moyra, well we took Rianna to the vet on Monday, he increased the anti-inflamatory tablets to 100mg which does seem to have helped her back legs.

But her breathing is still not right and the vet was concerned about her spleen as well.

We decided today to have the ultrasound test done on her spleen because that can be done without anesthetic (Sp?)

If that comes back OK then it will mean an X-ray on the lungs which in turn means an anesthetic which at her age might be a risk.

You are right I have not been on the forum for a couple of days, it's a bit of a worry, I wish I had some good news but I don't.

Thanks to you and everyone who has asked about her. I will try to keep the forum updated.

Hope you get that doctor / hospital business sorted it just seems like a chaotic situation which you shouldn't have to go through.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Awww Harvey, huge hugs for you and Rianna, it is awful when they are older and you have to decide if it is bad enough to risk the anaesthetic
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2016, 01:09 PM
As he does live there Moyra, I too would have expected him to help with anything that needs doing as regards clearing the kitchen. However, the amount of upheaval involved during your recuperation period is not on at all. If I was you I would be contacting either Citizens Advice or Age UK (they keep changing their name, but think that is the current one) for advice on the whole scenario. I think that there is another agenda here that you are not currently privy to. Not being prepared to put works that have been necessary for more than a few years, on hold for a few months due to your ill health, shows that. I think you need to do a bit of digging here,maybe she wants to put it on the market and this is her way of getting you out.
Absolute scorcher here today. Zen is limping AGAIN, as bad as originally, the good news is that she has let me get lots of the matts out of her coat, did a couple of half hearted whizzes round when she was getting fed up of me, I have been all over her back end and she never really bothered at all, not keen on her tail being touched, but all of mine are very conscious of their tail and aren't very co-operative when it comes to having the knots taken out. Soooo I'll message Katherine when I've had a shower and a butty. No idea if this is progress or what, then again I can now get back to tidying her up properly instead of just one side and the front
Got these piccies of the swans and their cygnet

I had Mabs and Keshi with me and they were really good and stood still whilst I got the piccies, swans not happy with us being that near, I was as quick as I could be.
School is closed today as it is being used as a Polling Station, lots of people out, but not disasters. Lots of kids playing out it such a nice day, all coming over to make a fuss of Kesh, Mabs hiding behind me as usual Saw Nigel when I passed the pub and he was on his way to mine after he'd finished the beer garden. He had no idea about the car with the writing on I saw the other day, so not his brother's recovery truck. I saw him on the way back with Mabs and Kesh and he said to me what was the bloke's name on the car again so he'll find out whats gone one Everyone flat out under umbrellas, I've got citronella tea lights and lavender tea lights dotted everywhere in lanterns as well as the big citronella candles. Taken the smelly shavings to the tip just now
Harvey, seen your post as you snuck in, so that was the reason Rianna was eating the comfrey,thought there was more to it than was first apparent and that she was self medicating. She is pretty fit and had a good life and been well looked after, and without the GA she's not going to have a good quality of life, as you won't know what exactly the scenario is, so you have to go for it. Ask the vet to use Propofol as they come round very quickly from it with few side effects, a little bit more expensive, but well worth it as they are literally up and about really quickly. I asked my vets to use this when I had Cariad spayed, he seemed surprised I knew of it, but told me that was the only they used now anyway. I went to collect Cariad within a coupe of hours of her op, she was up and about and her usual self, opened the back of the car turned round to help her in and she jumped in on her own. Got home, she did lie down for a while, but by 9pm was at the front door wanting to go a walk.Lots of hugs to Rianna and to both of you, and of course Casey, it will be a very worrying time for you till you know what you're looking at.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >