Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 10:58 AM

Brown poo, brown leaves, argh!

Lovely walk today, blue sky, puffy white clouds, other friendly dogs to play with...when Pepper, about 30m from me, decided to poo in a big area of fallen leaves, I fix my eye, walk straight towards it, when in my peripheral vision I notice Gozo wandering a little, take my eye from the poo, just for a second to recall him and that's it, lost!!

Spent 10mins looking for it before I had to concede defeat, I get really cross when people don't pick up after their dogs so I felt really mortified!

J
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Try finding Chihuahua poo amongst the leaves - that's near impossible!lol

I'm the same if I have to give in and can't find a poo, so what I do is pick up any old "poo" that has been left by another dog, along my way, so that at least I haven't added to the poo collection! Mad isn't it - but having kids, can't bear to leave poo lying around.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Well, on the plus side, he's only wee himself, so his poo is hardly likely to be a monster one (at least I hope )

Hoki is really considerate - when she's having a pee, she keeps hold of her ball in her mouth, when she's having a poo she drops it and leaves it, so its easier for me to (1) see from a distance which she is doing (2) find her poo
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:20 AM
I have the same problem up at the field. It's mostly mud and dead leaves where I let the dogs play, so a few times I've spotted one of the dogs squatting, took my eyes off them to watch where my feet and walking stick are going, and by the time I get to where they were, it's completely vanished I hate leaving it because I don't want to get a poor reputation with the yard owner for not clearing up, and I know that she has a small child. But sometimes it is almost as though the earth opens up to swallow the poo, then closes neatly behind it. No matter how long you spend looking and carefully stirring the leaves with your boot, it never ever reappears.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well, on the plus side, he's only wee himself, so his poo is hardly likely to be a monster one (at least I hope )

Hoki is really considerate - when she's having a pee, she keeps hold of her ball in her mouth, when she's having a poo she drops it and leaves it, so its easier for me to (1) see from a distance which she is doing (2) find her poo
LOL Very clever doggy

Poo is very hard to find this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:55 AM
That happened to me this morning! Bryan does really small poos anyway as he's raw fed, so it was impossible to find it - and my friend was helping me look.

Sometimes if I can't find my dog's poo I'll pick up another one just to make it even
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:58 AM
i have the same prob but without the leaves! when they all go up to the yard into our paddock i run up to where i think theyve pood and hunt high and lo for it never to be seen luckily its our paddock and only we go into it! but i check every day and still cant see any!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I have exactly the same problem.

I try so hard to stay focussed, but sometimes.......

Arrrggghhh!
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
the same happened to me this morning. hooch likes to do his poo on top of dead leaves. but with it being so windy here today, by the time i had looked away to get my poo bag a big gust of wind come and covered it up. i had to search really hard to find it. god knows what people thought i was doing. and hooch was looking at me as if to say ( hurry up mum)( why do you always bring that horrid smelly stuff home).