Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:22 AM

son offered free to good home

son that lives with us has been driving us mad recently by just his silly behaviour. he has done everything possible to wind us up but have just had school on the phone querying where a letter went that i gave dan to take in to the head teacher.

have found out that he is being silly at school but when he comes home he will be finding no playstation or tv in his room for the next few days.

could do with another holiday........

sue
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:29 AM
In my experience 'silly', usually means something else is going on....it is generally a coping strategy.

Why are you removing his things, wouldnt it be better to try and get to the bottom of the behaviour before 'punishing' it?
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:34 AM
we have asked him over the last few days what the matter is but he wont say.

sue
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:48 AM
They can be so difficult at times,can't they.

Our Luke has had a dreadful attitude towards us since going back to school,I recieved a phonecall from his support worker yesterday saying he's doing really well and really working hard,she rung to make sure I knew about his cooking ingredient,cos he never tells me

So I don't know why the attitude,perhaps it's a bit of frustration,age etc...

Perhaps he's struggling with going back to school,maybe a chat with his teacher to see if there's anything underlying?
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Could be bullying? Drugs? Or just an age thing. How old is he?

I hope you sort it out.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
we have asked him over the last few days what the matter is but he wont say.

sue
Would he write it down (or type it up) and give it to you if he doesn't want to actually say it?

What do you mean by "silly" in school - is he bunking lessons, cheeking the teachers, deliberately doing things to get himself into trouble?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2007, 11:30 AM
It is frustrating they won't talk to Mum or Dad if there's bullying going on been there twice once each with both my boys.
Eldest was being bullied a Teacher he eventually confided in my Mum and his Auntie my Sister.
Youngest got bullied when first in Secondary School he told Mark his elder Brother he was also at the School at the time and noticed something wasn't right so told us.
There could be something wrong.They can be a challenge also at that age with hormones raging.
Hope you get it sorted.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 03:09 PM
dan is nearly 16 but has special needs. we have been talking to him since he came home. we have found out what the problem is it is US.

because we have told him that we are going to start teaching him how to go to the main part of town ect on his own on the bus. also to places like the cinema so that he can have some independence. mind you i am scared about letting him go but martin has done this before with his eldest boy who has lesser problems than dan.

i know it is the right thing to do but i am scared too but dont tell dan......

sue
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 03:13 PM
You are doing the right thing. My Aunt has learning difficulties and her mum (my Gran) never taught her how to do things around the house so when Gran died my mum had to teach her how to do things. These things should have been done years before so what you are doing is right.
Obviously he is probably feeling a bit unsettled that he has more freedom and doesn't have you as a safety net but he'll thank you for it later.
Becky
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
dan is nearly 16 but has special needs. we have been talking to him since he came home. we have found out what the problem is it is US.

because we have told him that we are going to start teaching him how to go to the main part of town ect on his own on the bus. also to places like the cinema so that he can have some independence. mind you i am scared about letting him go but martin has done this before with his eldest boy who has lesser problems than dan.

i know it is the right thing to do but i am scared too but dont tell dan......

sue
Ah bless! Poor Dan, I bet he's worried about it and has been plucking up the courage to tell you!

Can you maybe make a list/chart with Dan of the things you're going to do with him?

Or maybe a special folder/notebook with information in about buses, shop opening times, emergency numbers etc, so he doesn't feel "abandoned"?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >