Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by AnimalFactor View Post
It does infact mean she will have to be under longer...It takes longer to remove 2 dew claws and neuter...Than just neuter, I know..
lmao so do i nearly 20 years assisting the very op.

she will not be under ga for any more time that would be significant,it would be done after the spay and only if it was a nice op and ga
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hardly! quick snip.. couple of stitches...bandage as shes waking up
£100 for that service! sounds a ridiculous sum of money to me considering shes already under GA. They quoted me for two dressings, although im trained in dressing myself they no this because I do work experience with them. A lot of money but if it will make life better in the long run for her im willing to pay it.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
£100 for that service! :confus: sounds a ridiculous sum of money to me considering shes already under GA. They quoted me for two dressings, although im trained in dressing myself they no this because I do work experience with them. A lot of money but if it will make life better in the long run for her im willing to pay it.
that price ontop is a bit mean

...and the dressings wouldnt be on that long
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2010, 11:52 PM
that price ontop is a bit mean

...and the dressings wouldnt be on that long
Rather frustrating as I know the vets well, do work experience with them, their rates for the spay is reasonable for this area, and I have watched them perform a few of the surgical procedures, so have every faith in them. Would only consider doing it while shes under already so kind of stumped.

Plus shed already be getting checked up for infection from the spay a week thereafter inc. in the price so dont see why theyre charging to check the dew claws and bandage again... will speak to them about it on the day and tell them my situation. All will hopefully work out ok.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-12-2010, 11:55 PM
I think an extra £100 is very reasonable! Thats nothing, if it means saving your wee doggie pain and suffering, and future visits to the vets for treatment and antibiotics if this was to happen again....
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Rather frustrating as I know the vets well, do work experience with them, their rates for the spay is reasonable for this area, and I have watched them perform a few of the surgical procedures, so have every faith in them. Would only consider doing it while shes under already so kind of stumped.

Plus shed already be getting checked up for infection from the spay a week thereafter inc. in the price so dont see why theyre charging to check the dew claws and bandage again... will speak to them about it on the day and tell them my situation. All will hopefully work out ok.
having faith in their surgical abilities of course should be top of the list

i would question the recheck fee..it should be in the price of the spay..of course if they needed bandaging again,you would need to pay for them..but just them.

good luck.. hope all goes well
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by AnimalFactor View Post
I think an extra £100 is very reasonable! Thats nothing, if it means saving your wee doggie pain and suffering, and future visits to the vets for treatment and antibiotics if this was to happen again....
I still think £100 is steep considering the spay is £130 and that includes the GA. But im willing to pay it if thats what needs be for the reasons you had said. Just going to speak to them about the amount, get a break down of cost etc. I only wasnt sure wether to get it done because it seems very frowned upon, I didnt understand why if it is causing them pain. Again perhaps im niave, I would never consider removing unless for a reason, Muffin has hers and never had a problem with hers, Ive only owned Totts a few months and had a bad mishap a few weeks ago for no reason with them and the vet says it looks as though the same has happened to her other one before.

having faith in their surgical abilities of course should be top of the list

i would question the recheck fee..it should be in the price of the spay..of course if they needed bandaging again,you would need to pay for them..but just them.

good luck.. hope all goes well
thanks
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 10:22 AM
blimey thats a bit steep i only paid 98 for lola to be spayed which is less than they want for do dew claws when already under!!!! and my vet dont charge for a check up after op either!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Maybe its just me but I dont get the removing of bits of dogs !

They are born with tails and dew claws so why do they need removing ?

I understand maybe the activities they are involved in may be easier and safer with bits missing but sorry just dont get surgery on dogs to remove bits !

Feels a bit like cosmetic surgery in the human world but that a whole different debate !
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Maybe its just me but I dont get the removing of bits of dogs !

They are born with tails and dew claws so why do they need removing ?

I understand maybe the activities they are involved in may be easier and safer with bits missing but sorry just dont get surgery on dogs to remove bits !

Feels a bit like cosmetic surgery in the human world but that a whole different debate !
So do you not understand why in my situation?

Did you read the entire thread, or just post your opinion? cant tell.

Im not thinking about doing it for cosmetics or anything like that, im thinking of doing it the same we im getting her spayed. She was born with ovaries, but im having them removed, so whats different?

I dont understand why people are so against dew claw removal. Im looking for serious answers because im having to consider getting it done, and as far as I can see there is no specific reason other than not wanting to play around with mother nature. Humans have already destroyed mother nature by producing dogs as pets in the first place. really dont understand.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >