View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Only just seen this H, and I am hoping you and Zena had a peaceful night and she is getting back to her happy bouncy self this morning.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh H, I hope this morning finds Zena back to her normal zany self. {{{VIBES}}} and (((HUGS))) xxx
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Hi Aitch,

Just seen this . . . I hope your gorgeous Zena is feeling better today .

Sending lots of ((((Hugs))))

x x x x x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Just seen this H. What a worry. It is horrid when you know they aren't right but can't work out why or what might be wrong

I hope Zena had a settled night and that she is much better this morning xxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Just seen this and I hope all is well with precious Zena this morning. You know your dogs so well and picked up very early on that something wasn't quite right. Here's hoping that she has picked up a little bug that has made her feel rough but that she will be feeling much better now. Hugs to both of you xxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Morning folks, and thank you sooooooo much for all your kind, caring messages for me this morning

I am pleased to report,that whatever it was/is has gone (ish!) now! dave wouldn't let me sleep downstairs coz he already sleeps downstairs near her den under the stairs, but of course I couldn't sleep, I was lyiing in bed listening for heavy breathing/crying, whatever, and at one point I did hear panting, so I came down to investigate I couldn't tell if it was her or George. She was actually asleep under the stairs, so as I crept into the kitchen, she got up and followed me and gave me a quick kiss as I bent down to stroke her,awwww.

Yes, it was Georgie, so I got on the floor next to him, Zena got on the floor and laid down with that head on her front legs which I really hate, so I laid on the floor trying to stroke her tummy and slowly she stretched out onto her side with her head on my arm which she was busy washing for me, and Georgie was lying down behind me licking the other arm, so there we were, all 3 of us lying on the kitchen floor at 1.00 am!!! The things I do for these dogs!!! Meanwhile, Dave was busy snoring his head off

I stayed there for half an hour or so, she had fallen asleep on her SIDE (yayyy!), so I quietly went back to bed, but still lying there half awake of course.

This morning, Dave said she was totally normal at 6 am when she got him up, and when I came down at 6.30 her tail was wagging, she grabbed my slipper for our little love in that we have (it's our routine ya see!), and she was ravenously hungry.

She would normally have a fish stick for an early breakfast, but I decided to give her Dave's chicken breast instead and he said he didn't mind!!! I than gave her a dollop of live yoghurt to wash it down coz I didn't do any rice, and hopefully, that might stay down. I'm very worried that I haven't heard or seen her drinking since 5pm last night, so that's something I've got to watch.

She's had a wee, but as I watched her, she ran round the car and squatted again, but kind of high if you know what I mean, and I don't think anything came out, but it's sooooo wet and windy out there, I think that had something to do with that strange behaviour, but I might get a sample of that wee later on today and take it down.
She then went out the front with Georgie and had a poo, although I haven't investigated it yet coz I couldn't go out there in this weather in jim jams (there is a limit to what I do for these dogs!).

Your theory about that toad has got me thinking, because when I let them out into the garden, she zoomed straight down to the big hedge at the bottom, as if she was expecting something to still be there, so I'm going to have to take a good look around under that hedge I think, coz that is not normal behaviour for her when I let her out, she would normally launch an attack on old Georgie, but she was more interested in a spot under that hedge Hmmmmm.

Anyhooo, thanks a million for all this fantastic support, it's so lovely to have you lot by my side for traumas such as this, but thankfully, it was short lived - well, I'm hoping it was. I'm keeping her quiet today and feeding her chicken and potato in small quantities, and I can't wait to get down there to look at that poo either!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Oh that is wonderful to hear that she is feeling better!! Typical hey, she'll be bright as a button now and you'll be feeling totally washed out!! Give that precious girly and big hug from me and sneak one in for gorgeous Georgie too, just because! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Great news. I usually find with Ollie he is usually back to his old self by the next day. But like you I either end up sleeping downstairs or laying wake upstairs listening.

Just a thought could something of frightened of her when she rushed to that hedge or nipped her. I know anything unusual in the garden or when out can set Ollie back. This year it has taken days too get him out into the dark because of the fireworks. He spooks so easily and I know GSD's are like Bernese so sensitive.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:08 AM
So glad to hear that she seems much better, as for the poo if you have the rain we have it will in all likelihood have washed away, it is literally raining cats and dogs!!!!!!!!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Wonderful news Aitchxx
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »