Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:50 PM

Zena's not "right"

Can't put my finger on it She was happy around 4pm I was chucking her ball around indoors whilst I was doing stuff. She went outside in the dark with Georgie but not for long, fine when she came in. She wouldn't/couldn't pick her ball up So I've been checking her mouth can't see anything wrong in there, nothing stuck. She had a fish stick about 4pm but was fine afterwards, so nothing stuck from that.

She's quiet, not like her She was hungry, but only ate half her dinner and very slowly, so again I thought "mouth", but then she ate a raw carrot? I've tempted her with some salmon mousse, turned her nose up, then some freshly cooked mince, turned her nose up Sooooo unlike her for the evening, she's normally quite manic. I just know something's wrong but can't put my finger on it.

She greeted Dave like a loonie at 6.30, so of course, he says there's nothing wrong with her She's taken to her bed. She was lying in the lounge, but not the way I like to see her, i.e. on her side or upside down, she was doing that lying down on her stomach with her head to the side. Don't like it

There are loads of wet leaves on the lawn, and I have lots of Japanese acers out there, so I've been checking up on poisonous ones, coz they could have stuck to her ball when she picked it up. Well, you gotta think of anything haven't you with something like this.

She was licking her lips earlier at around 5pm so that says she maybe felt sick, but ate half her dinner at 6.30 She's had two normal poo's which in itself is quite unusual from 4pm to 8 pm Breathing seems ok, not rapid or laboured, and she's actually sleeping now in her bed. I can't rush her to the vets although I want to, but she's not that bad, no sickness, no diarrheah, no breathing problems, but you know when something's not right? That's what I've got!

I'm hoping by morning (I might sleep downstairs tonight) she'll be normal again. She's not overly tired, we haven't done anything out of the norm today and she hasn't eaten anything apart from her breakfast and lunch, two raw carrots and a small fish stick. I want to take her temperature, but I can't find the bladdy Vaseline and I don't want to go in there without it! What about E45 cream, can I dob a bit of that on the thermometer do yer think?

I hope this thread doesn't go downhill overnight.....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh crikey H, I know what you're feeling like, I wish I could offer some advice but, from what you've said, everything seems normal apart from her behaviour.

I would be careful using anything other than the vaseline, just incase anything else doesn't have the same lubricant effect and scratches her.

I've got everything crossed that she will be fine xxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
It could just be a little bug setting in? Maybe she has eaten something out there or had a fright? When you get her up out of her bed is she wobbly at all? Has she got the 'shakes'?

(I meant wobbly as in, wobbly on her feet but shakes as in shaky, legs twitching..)
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I would have thought anything would be ok to take a temp, maybe some olive oil? Hoping things are ok and that she improves soon. Fudge was worrying me last night as she was pooping every two hours and was hyper.....I kept thinking she was overdosing on something such as chocolate....she has settled today though.......

Sending some healing hugs and some Fudgey cuddles.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I just let her out, she started licking her lips, and then she was sick! Big pile of carrot and that dinner, and then just plain liquid She wasn't voilently sick, just the 3 times (she was once voilently sick and passed out on me out on a walk!!!).

Oh I don't know, I'm now wondering whether to ring that vet!

She isn't wobbly at all, not tremours either. I think I'm gonna take that temperature now with some olive oil that Rachel suggested.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:06 PM
38.4 is that an ok temp????
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:07 PM
If she passed out I would call for advice, better safe than sorry. I would try and get her to drink, if anything see if she can hold it down. Definatley sleep next to her tonight, I would say. Perhaps check the garden for anything that is unusual or shouldnt be there.

I really hope she is ok.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Oh H, I don't know what to say but I hope Zena is better very soon.
They are such a worry these dogs
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
38.4 is that an ok temp????
seems ok but feel her ears and pads for heat incase thermometer not right, you will know if they are too hot. Check her gums for colour too - they should be a nice pale pink. Not too red and definatley not too white or grey.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Gums are nice and pink at the moment, and the reason she passed out on me before apparently, was with the voilence of the vomiting made the blood pressure plummet and her gums went white, but thank God she recovered.

She's just laying under the table staring. Her left eye seems red (the white part of it), I'm now wondering whether she could have hit her head when running for that ball indoors on something? Wouldn't she have gone more weird on me though if she had?

I'm gonna ring the vet now!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »