View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 03:43 PM
I didn't think I would be too bothered about watching it all but got hooked and thoroughly enjoyed it. Kate looked beautiful in a simple, elegant way, Wills looked dashing and handsome, Harry just cracks me up - I really like him, as he just seems so down to earth Kate's sister also looked stunning, as did all the bridesmaids and page boys. It was all really lovely. A shame the Queen never seems to smile very often though

Loved watching all the horses too

I wish them both all the best for a happy future.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I didn't think I would be too bothered about watching it all but got hooked and thoroughly enjoyed it. Kate looked beautiful in a simple, elegant way, Wills looked dashing and handsome, Harry just cracks me up - I really like him, as he just seems so down to earth Kate's sister also looked stunning, as did all the bridesmaids and page boys. It was all really lovely. A shame the Queen never seems to smile very often though

Loved watching all the horses too

I wish them both all the best for a happy future.
I agree, hadnt planned to watch anything util the highlights tonight but got sucked in.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I caught bits of it between the trip to the garden centre and doing the garden, I thought her dress was very timeless and when they see it in 20 years time she will still look as elegant as she did today. What I saw of it all was lovely, they look very intune with each other. I loved Harry's hair and he looked as if he was having a great time.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed it her dress was sensational in a very classy understated way.
Absolutely I thought the dress was exquisite, beautifully cut and the veil and adornments understated to compliment rather than swam Katherine's natural beauty . No necklace, a plain tiara and beautiful earrings, even the bouquet was dainty adding to the whole picture of modesty, purity and elegance . So much better than the creased puffball which was Diana's dress.

Also in contrast to poor Diana, this is clearly a love match.Diana was more of brood mare , a sacrificial virgin chosen to producer of an heir, no love involved certainly on Charles part .

I have a feeling this will be a great match and the couple will be very happy .
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I thought I only wanted to watch it to see the dress, but got well & truly sucked in & enjoyed the whole ceremony I even joined in the Lords Prayer & sang Jerusalem... remembering all the words (much to the dismay of those around me )
They make a lovely genuine couple, such a shame Di couldn't have been here to see her son marry. They say the sun came out in Hyde Park as they exchanged vows - so maybe she was there with him.
I thought Pippa looked beautiful too.
As for VB............. Did she think it was a funeral in her black sack or what! she looked so uncomfortable & I thought Mrs PM could have worn a hat.......... although Princess Eugene made up for it the size of her hat
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 05:23 PM
LOL, I love how loads who said they wouldn't watch or weren't interested ended up watching.

I managed to catch a bit of the carriage ride after the ceremony on my lunch break but missed everything before. I'll watch the highlights tonight.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
But why should a wedding be a 'performance'? It's a wedding - 2 people committing themselves to each other forever; not a circus!
"Performance" does not imply "circus" that is your discription of the word. It means a happening watched by an audience. If a Royal wedding isn't a show of pomp and grandeur in front of an audience of millions then I don't know what is.This wedding isn't a trip down to the register office for your ordinary Joe Bloggs.It has been rehearsed down to the last detail and every detail organized to the last inch. As for the couple making holy vows they have been living together as a couple for yonks.I imagine they may wish to start a family so they will have to make it legitimate first.I rather liked Prince Charle's comment when someone spoke to him about William getting married.His remark was "Well he has been practising for long enough"
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Well I had the telly on in my van when I was cleaning, and have to say it sucked me in too, but I saw the bits I really wanted to see, that dress on her arrival, then I saw the balcony bit when I got back home, and have since watched some of the highlights. Classy dress, she couldn't have chosen better imo, unlike some of those who I won't mention on that tv programme lol!

I like her very much, she knew Will was nervous so she talked to him to calm his nerves, and I just loved their little private glances and smiles to each other, it was just lufferly, awww, hope they'll be very happy together, he married for love, that's for sure
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
LOL, I love how loads who said they wouldn't watch or weren't interested ended up watching.
I went for a wonderful walk with Daisy and Shamus through the nature reserve, flanked by clouds of cow-parsley and may blossom thick as clotted cream, listening to the cuckoo with his backing chorus of nesting birds, then walked out over Leigh Marshes where a pair of Canada Geese flew in over the Estuary to swim along the Creek beside us for a while, honking for sandwiches, to the annoyance of the bobbing moorhens.
I have escaped, I thought... then this dreadful wobbly soprano blasted out on a tannoy from a couple of miles away, warbling God Save the Queen.
Well, I tried.....
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I said I wouldn't watch. And I didn't. Instead, I had a lovely long walk with the dogs.

Looked online to see what her dress was like, but that was about it. She looked absolutely stunning, I must say.

Hope it lasts for them and she's not continually being compared to Diana.
Page 9 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »