View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:39 AM
This is gonna sound very cheesey, but you lot keep me going.Long story but to cut it short I moved into this house in Londonto be carer for my FIL. My other half cant get to work from here so i only see him at weekends (he is an only child so there is no one else) I gave up ,my job ,friends and hobbies to move down here. So after ive taken the dogs out in the mornings thats it I see no-one or speak to anyone practically all day(FIL is practically nocturnal and only grumps at me) except for Weds cos thats weight watchers. so without my computer I would be lost, I feel as if I know some of you so well, but obviously would walk past you in the street.
To all my friends out there

A very big THANK YOU.

Jeanette
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:47 AM
I talk to work mates about "a dog forum I'm on" but I wouldn't tell them any more than that - I don't want them seeing my moans........

Jackie - my outside work friend - has no interest in animals (strange person) so I can chat away to her about what's happening in the Dogsey world, knowing it won't go any further.

Best of both worlds, really.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Just for me
Mainly because my friends don't have dogs as they work in the city of London and the dogs would be alone too long.
Joining a dog forum would be driving the knife home, you know?
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Ha! Share dogsey When OH asks, I say that there are only old guys like me here and that all they talk about is dogs and training and feeding - boring, boring, boring

Nav
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 10:20 AM
OH calls it me "dogbothering"

I tell him stories etc and whats going on and show him lovely photos etc but i dont think he is that interested...but it works both way when he talks about what happening on the railway (OH works for virgin) i nod and say oooh thats nice dear.....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
...but it works both way when he talks about what happening on the railway (OH works for virgin) i nod and say oooh thats nice dear.....
Same here, Alex. Baz starts talking about scaffold poles, and boards, and lifts, and I just glaze over
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm happy to share, the OH thinks were all nuts but I frequently catch him having a sneaky peak
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I talk to people about the site and tell OH about some of the stories and show him the pics but that's it. Other than that, it's all for me.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I tend to keep it too myself, although my husband and family know about Dogsey, because I am always quoting things said on Dosey. Also if we have a computer problem I always say "I will just pop on Dogsey and ask the question" and usually the problem is sorted.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
I tell him stories etc and whats going on and show him lovely photos etc but i dont think he is that interested...but it works both way when he talks about what happening on the railway (OH works for virgin) i nod and say oooh thats nice dear.....
Same here.... I tell him about "people on Dogsey", and show him photos, which he makes the appropriate noises at... he has footy forums/messageboards, and also some car ones, that I have no interest in...

My sister (Hevvur) and one of my friends (Freddie&Mya'sMum) are on here; and we'll often say, "you know, X from Dogsey..." as a preface to a sentence
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3