View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I grew up with a golden retriever and adored him to bits, he was a fantastic dog, very loyal and very protective my sister and I when we were kids. He died when I was 13 and I felt like I had lost my best friend, we had a kelpie cross at the time, and I adored her but I grew up with the other one and he was more special to me. So when I got older I announced to mum and dad I wanted a golden retriever, they said no, but I talked mum round Who talked Dad round

So we got another golden who was the family pet, but was mine to train and do as I please with, he will probably be one of the favourites. Sadly I had to leave him in Aus when I came out here as he didnt like travelling and I wasnt going to put him through the 24 hour plane trip to get here, I knew he had a home for life with my parents anyway.

Sooo when I arrived here and we were in the place that would allow us to have a dog, I didnt want another golden as I knew I would keep comparing it to the one I left in Aus but wanted a breed similar so I thought that flatcoats were just like goldens only black, so tracked a litter down after months of searching and brought the lovely Casper home. I then learnt the HARD way they are NOT like goldens, they are absolutely mad But I wouldnt be without him, we got the golden a few months later as I still wanted a golden and then we got Jack, I'll always have either a flatcoat or a golden as I love their natures and I think they are fantastic breeds to have with youngsters or just with adults they are incredibley laid back but still got plenty of zip if you want it
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5