View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 03:49 PM
In the mornings i come downstairs for breakfast in my pjs then go back upstairs to get dressed... on arrival downstairs they go nuts and shoes have to be put on in another room to avoid constant facelicks and headbuts

The sound of the key drawer opening usually makes them bounce off their beds too, and the sound of the buckles on their leads jangling sends them into hysteria
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Getting my coat and shoes on and going toward the utility room [where their leads are kept]
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Putting makeup on or using the straighteners makes Ollie lie on the bedroom floor looking really sad, because he knows I'm going out without them. Shutting my laptop or opening the door to the cupboard under the stairs sets them all off bouncing around like loons.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 01:26 PM
A particular combination of clothes and shoes, specific jeans and either trainers or boots mean walkies, when leads come out Griffin will sit and wait for his head collar to be clipped on whilst Chester starts doing circuits between you and the front door .
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
The "Walkies" word... can set Layton, with his perpetual "hard done by old man" face (we reckon he emerged from the womb with that expression on his face) into a frenzy of pogoing three feet into the air - he's got the same vertical take off that Harrier jets have!

Poor guy got back from the snip last night and I mentioned the "W" word to hubby discussing recuperation the following morning - he still sat up with a "yaaaaay" expression on his face before deciding he really couldn't be bothered and slumping back onto the floor in a hard-done-by heap.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
With my current two its waving their leads at them but back in the 80's had a bitch who went & fetched the lead & gave it to my father as soon as the music started to end countdown.
AJB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2011, 06:33 PM
My two look hopeful when I get my shoes on too but the real excitement starts when I lock the back door. It doesn't matter whether they've been out already, locking the back door=walkies to them.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 06:45 PM
whenever asbo sees me walking down the stairs with my coat daphni is just plain lazy and doesnt move until you shout her about 12 times, then she finally moves her lazy butt and comes to see what i want her for
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 06:51 PM
They are not triggered as such by what we do in preparation for going out. Jamie has an (annoying) joke he tells Parker to get a response from him pre-walk......

Jamie "What is your favourite Star Wars character Parker? Is it Luke Skywalker? Princess Leia, Darth Vader?!" (ad inifinitum......)

(No response from Parker)

Jamie "Or is it the WOOKIES!?"

Cue much excited wuffing!
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2011, 08:05 PM
mine is" right then time to do the horses".
the three older ones are that in tune with my habits im sure they can read my thoughts.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >