Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Well...................he ate it with a lot of enthusiasm! :smt023

but then again-he'll eat pretty much anything which is edible and sometimes things which are not...

Shall see how his poo is tommorrow and how he gets on with it.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Het
I swapped Isla onto about a year ago because she was so skinny and wasn't holding any weight. A GSP person told me to try it...and I thoroughly reccommend it. She put the weight on and her coat is lovely, she has tons of energy but that could be down to breed. Poops are solid.She does seem to get a bit bored with it though and I sometimes have to jazz it up with a bit of mince or chicken. The boys have Sneyds Working Wonder Dog which they do very well on...but I will keep Isla on the Autarky.
I buy it in 15kg bags at £13.99.

Steve..it definitely put the weight on Isla without making her fat. It will be interesting to see how Vegas does on it
I dont think Vegas could ever become overweight Het cause he really is an excessivly active dog-you would have to nail his paws to the ground to keep him still!

I was looking at the packaging Het and saw that Autarky is good for working dogs so figured its good enough for Vegas as he spends his time running about like a lunatic when we're on our long walks! I should see whether he looses or gains weight in next few weeks so watch this space...
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I dont think Vegas could ever become overweight Het cause he really is an excessivly active dog-you would have to nail his paws to the ground to keep him still!

I was looking at the packaging Het and saw that Autarky is good for working dogs so figured its good enough for Vegas as he spends his time running about like a lunatic when we're on our long walks! I should see whether he looses or gains weight in next few weeks so watch this space...
You should weigh him today Steve....see if he does or not. Mine are the same lol!!! they need little lead boots
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sansorrella
Mys - its possible that yours had loose stools because of the quantities fed. I hear from lots of people that have this problem (or rather, their dogs do) and I think its because they give too much. My dogs are fine on it but if I give them too much in one meal it will go through them. You don't need to feed as much as you think (or as much as it says on the packet).
Not sure...I introduced it slowly mixing it in with their other food and just a small amount made it go right through them so I finished up the sack a small bit at a time and quit using it, it could have just been one of the herbs or something that didn't agree with them, but I have had this trouble on alot of kibble to be honest and if I don't feed them as much as I did then they just get quite skinny and stay really hungry...

The only Kibble Takoda has been good on (poop wise...lol) was Nutro choice and Keena has never been right on any of them really but did better on Nutro than others.

Not had one problem since switching to raw though so I guess it's no kibble for them again.

If a dog does well on it though I think Autarky is excellent compared to all the more expensive brands
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Het
You should weigh him today Steve....see if he does or not. Mine are the same lol!!! they need little lead boots
and the chances of me getting him to stand still on bathroom scales Het...

Last time he was weighed at vets about a month or so ago,he was 39.9kgs so has put on around 5 kgs since i got him from rescue centre 10 months ago,but he was only 14 months then so and still growing.

Hopefully,it will keep some weight on Vegas like it has done with Isla!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I use it as a suppliment to BARF. You can only get 2.5 kg bags in tesco and it costs about £4 a bag. I order mine as nowhere near me stocks it and I pay £17.99 for a 15 kg bag.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
I use it for Murph who drops weight easily but I don't feed what it says on the bag I probably feed a bit less -Miss Lardy Knickers on the other has no problem keeping weight on
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
thats a good price as my local store sells it at £15.99 per bag so to order on line i't's £14.00 plus £2.50 per bag delivered ....think i might pay the extra 51p to save my backache ...........
have just started feeding mine on autarky and he seems to love it just wondering where you order it from for that price? thanks, Kristian.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
have just started feeding mine on autarky and he seems to love it just wondering where you order it from for that price? thanks, Kristian.
Costco is the cheapest I think. I used to pay £10.50 for a 15kg bag. Should not be much more than that now. Very handy if you have a Costco card.
LouieBellaMylo
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Anyone know where to get Sneyds???? Been looking for a supplier in my area for a while now, but no luck. Heard its good stuff, pretty cheap too.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >