Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:14 PM

What to do with rossettes? (shows)

Mmmm I have found 8 boxes of rossettes!! There is about 40 best of breeds, 70 odd best puppies, 3 champion terrier puppies, 2 champion terriers and approx 500 firsts, seconds and thirds!!

For the last few years I have always given the rossettes back to the show so they can use them again. I dont "display" them (cant be doing that look what I won thing) is there a club or organisation that can reuse them? maybe remove the centre and put their own in?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
thats a good point....I have many gathering dust - I have never been one for displaying rossettes (Unless I am particularly proud of the dog in that instance!)

Loads of odd clear round ones form agility that seemed the best things in the world 10 years ago!
Would be great to recycle them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
thats a good point....I have many gathering dust - I have never been one for displaying rossettes (Unless I am particularly proud of the dog in that instance!)

Loads of odd clear round ones form agility that seemed the best things in the world 10 years ago!
Would be great to recycle them.
I think when you first start you like to have them, but it gets that they are a pain more than anything afterwards, I certainly wouldnt want them plastered on the walls or anything, but if other could use them then that would be great. Saying that Id be miffed if I didnt get one when the dog had won!!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Aww.. such a shame, as they're so beautiful! I have a bag full of rosettes from exemption shows from when I was younger. They meant so much to me at the time I could never get rid of them!

I think it's a great idea to recycle them - put a post up on one of the rescue forums. It'd be much cheaper, I'd imagine, to replace the centres, and for a charity show, that's got to be a good thing!

If you have any elaborate ones you don't want I'd buy a couple from you, I just think they're so lovely!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I have some Cat ones too, but I want to keep those they are booootiful and my baby Rowan won them. Cat rossettes are sooo much BIGGER!!!

Ill look into the rescue thing, good idea!! Ill gladly send you some rossettes if youd like, ill have a mooch later and post a pic or two, if you want any Ill post them to you with pleasure.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I have some Cat ones too, but I want to keep those they are boooot ful and my baby Rowan won them. Cat rossettes are sooo much BIGGER!!!

Ill look into the rescue thing, good idea!! Ill gladly send you some rossettes if youd like, ill have a mooch later and post a pic or two, if you want any Ill post them to you with pleasure.
Well done Rowan! Don't think I've ever seen a cat rosette!

Aww thanks.. I'd happily pay for them or donate to a charity though.. I just have a thing about them!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Noooo no need, I post a pic of Rowans rossettes too. He wont be winning anymore, Cat showing is incredibly BORING!!!!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Noooo no need, I post a pic of Rowans rossettes too. He wont be winning anymore, Cat showing is incredibly BORING!!!!
Hehehe.. I can imagine! I find small livestock shows really boring too - putting a pigeon in a crate and people walking round and sticking things to the front of cages. Dog shows, I do enjoy though - hopefully going to watch the GSP club show (if I can work out how to get there) tomorrow!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 09:35 PM
You'll enjoy it, I enjoy dog showing cos I sepnd all day chatting to friends!

Rowans rossettes.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow - they're lovely! I love the really vibrant, intricate ones.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >