View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:02 AM
I would love a rottie, but I don't like it that people cross the road to get away from you (recently looked after the most wonderful one for a few weeks, adored her) but I think you are more likely to get into trouble if they stepped a foot out of place. I can get away with it with innocent looking dogs!

I don't think it is fair to mention the breeds name, for example the rotties in this weeks news... any dog could do the same it's the owners.

Pop quiz: from the rotts that i have had the privilege to handle, their teeth seem rather small for the size of their bods.... is this the case with all of them? My little brun dog has bigger teeth which is a bit of a shock!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Not in a million years, tough if anyone else doesn't like it, if they want to say something to me they are more than welcome but they had better not expect a pleasant response. I have had people avoid me with their dogs and I laugh, they go out of their way to avoid a dog that is soft as a bottle of pop. I would never go out of my way to avoid a dog as far as I am concerned if its vicious then it should be muzzled.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Sorry, I think I would change the breed i had if they had a really bad press. Sorry guys.
Why?
Well, I want my dogs to be loved by everyone, I also want to enjoy taking them out without people running away from us...that's just me. I don't want to feel bad when I take them out, I don't want to be watching out for how people react, I don't want to have to almost 'apologise' for my dog (as wrong as that would be..)I just think that would take away from my love of owning dogs...I like having dogs people want to tickle,I like the chats with people that starts, I like people smiling at me as I take my furballs out. i like all that. I wouldn't like it if people crossed the road when they saw my dog, so yes, I'd change the breed...I wouldn't get rid of the dog I had, but I wouldn't get another one or choose a breed that provoked that reaction as I like the whole social side of dog ownership...sorry...just me.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:19 AM
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took me long enough to get them!!!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I once sold my house in village and moved simply because the locals would not accept my staffies....
Mirkawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:57 AM
I would NEVER ever change my dogs (or the breed), because other people don´t like them! What a crazy idea.

I have people crossing the street, when I go with my dogs. I have people jumping into street, if they see the dogs, lifting their kids high up, hiding behind trees etc. People do a lot of silly things.

And then I have people jumping at my dogs, total strangers playing with them, kids rolling over them..

I love my dogs, and if the others cannot put up with it, it is their problem. I am making sure, my dogs do not bother anyone. So I expect the others not to bother me

bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:58 AM
i make a point of making a fuss of all dogs, i dont so much when bens with me it all depends on how he reacts obiously. but 99% of dogs he likes.
and i wouldnt get rid of ben cause some one didnt like the look of him, fine dont look is my answer, i had some one walk in the road to avoid ben just now, but im getting used to it now. sod em they are missing out on a good natured dog to pet.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

27-09-2006, 10:06 AM
I would never change my breed because of public opinion. I love them and it's a case of love me love my dogs, and if you don't then you don't have to come visit me. I think everyone should be loyal to their breed no matter what.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-09-2006, 10:13 AM
No I wouldn't, but I think it is the responsibility of us, the owners of breeds that may scare people to bring our dogs up to behave in a manner that does not instill fear in the general public. My dogs can not afford to be badly behaved and out of control and it is my responsibility to train them to ensure they never are. I accept that not everyone likes my choice of dogs, but my dogs behaviour is wonderful and beyond reproach. They do more to change the way people think than I ever could with words alone.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 10:17 AM
no chance on earth
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »