Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 07:48 PM

Sad end for a rescued Dobermann

I'm really mad this weekend as I've just heard that someone my husband knows had his 10 month old Dobermann put down last week.

The Dobermann had spent the first six months of his life being locked up in a small cage and tormented by children. The guy who took it on has four kids, single parent and in my opinion shouldn't have been allowed to take it (I have no idea if was the council pound or a rescue centre).

Anyway apparently the pup was snapping at his kids so he had it put down. It hadn't bitten them. Such a waste of a beautiful life all because he had no idea what he was taking on. Obviously he has to put his children's safety first but he'd never sought professional help with the dog.

Run free now pup - and I'm sorry you had to endure such pain in your short life.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
what a shame, but at least the dog wont have to put up with that mans ignorance any more. but its a shame he didnt think of re-homing him first.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Sadly,theres an awful lot of irresponsible people about who buy dogs on a whim without any proper thought,but unfortunately its always the dog which pays the price.

In a sad way,atleast it now has now escaped from the cage and will be teased no more,but it could have been rehomed everso easily.
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 08:07 PM
this infuriates me !!!! poor dog ,this is the kind of dog that if it had come to my vets i would have got them to sign it over to me
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 08:09 PM
poor dog, so sad...run free puppy...
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I know - my husband heard about it from someone else and is absolutely seething about it. We had just come back from our first meeting with Suki's behaviourist and had been talking about telling him to go see this woman as with her 20 years experience of Dobermann's she would be ideal to help.

Can't believe the vet allowed the dog to be put down either.
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 08:26 PM
its a real differcult one for vets because they provide a service and have to comply with the clients wishes, unless they have a nurse like me that interferes and asks questions and tries hard to persuade the owners that there is another way! even if i have to take them home myself!!!
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by murphydog View Post
its a real differcult one for vets because they provide a service and have to comply with the clients wishes, unless they have a nurse like me that interferes and asks questions and tries hard to persuade the owners that there is another way! even if i have to take them home myself!!!
I wish there were more people like you in the world!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by trikeschick View Post
I wish there were more people like you in the world!
Oh, so do I!

Poor little mite. Such a short life and such a sad one too. Some people are only alive.........etc.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 08:35 PM
What a sad end to such a young life What a waste Some people really shouldn't ever be allowed the priviledge of owning a dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >