Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Nippy - You are of course correct. Sadly my humour is not everybody's cup of tea.
I thought it was a good precis We have to be careful with this story because we don't know all the facts and staff trainning is something that anyone (and I do mean anyone) could with hindsight critiscise.

I wouldn't want you to change your sense of humour LG
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2015, 02:49 PM
A whimsical wag then. or is that mordacious? A long word for today.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2015, 03:12 PM
That's me Brenda - famed for my mordacity!
P.S. Very good word!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Perishing tablet having a hissefit. Good to bandy words with you. off out now. Back later. Not on this thread though.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Gist of the article - Right!
Dogs Trust have lots of money and a no destruction policy.
Seems they have p poor staff training.
Dog eats untrained member of staff and is promptly killed.
Untrained staff told to keep shtum or they will get the employment version of what happened to the dog.
Well you did ask!
dogsdays15
New Member!
Female 

18-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Hopefully people here will understand the importance of sharing a story like this. It gives those who work for this charity an important voice that hopefully someone will hear so nothing like this will ever happen again.

Dogs Trust know about the article and have been given the right to reply. Anyone is free to contact them regarding the contents of this article if they wish.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Employees of the Dog's Trust or for that matter any other Charity are entitled to exactly the same treatment under current Employment Law as anyone else. Surely the correct approach is through some form of Tribunal or other litigation - this will in turn bring it to the notice of a wider public - via the Media.
dogsdays15
New Member!
Female 

19-11-2015, 10:55 AM
I believe they had been advised not to go to an employment tribunal due to the affect everything was having on their health.

They were also concerned for their colleagues who they would need to be witnesses having previously asked them for help but had been too afraid to come forward and didn't feel they could do that to them.

Hopefully if any attention can be drawn to this story then it will protect staff in the future.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2015, 12:08 PM
They have been "advised not to go to an employment tribunal" - by whom. Surely this is bad advice. The employment laws are there to protect people from mis-use and exploitation, if people don't use the legitimate channels open to them to improve their lot, then they can't expect to get much support from just whining on social media.
If this story has any truth to it then those responsible should be made to feel the full force of both the law and public disapproval. Only then could the mal-administration be dug out, root and branch. This would then lead to better conditions for staff and better and the correct treatment for their charges (who I must confess are the ones I am most concerned about).
In the modern vernacular I would be tempted to say "grow a pair" and proceed through the legal process so that things (if wrong) can be fixed.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2015, 12:42 PM
An employment tribunal would be detrimental to their health but plastering over the internet isn't?

Me thinks whoever this is has a misguided view of what is and isn't stressful
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >