Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loki'sdad
New Member!
Male 

02-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Walks in worthing

Hi everybody
Myself and my fiance have just moved to worthing from Scotland and are looking for some good walks and even maybe some doggy friends for our two dogs. We have a border collie called Wisp and a terrier cross called Loki.
my fiance was a dog walker in Scotland but we need to get the lay of the land here first before she could think about that again. We are near worthing centre and there doesn't seem to be any parks around.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Steve, welcome to Dogsey.
I can't really help it is well off my patch but I'm sure we have some members from around there.

It is usually quite easy to find friends when you have a dog, good luck, I hope you settle soon
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
There are some parks in Worthing but I never go to parks really but there are tons of walks if you drive? There are lots of different walks in Findon.....if you park up Cissbury Ring, you can walk in all different directions for miles. There is Highdown Gardens (if your dogs are sociable - it gets busy up there)

If you go up Storrington Rise in Findon, there are a load of fields you can walk in.

Further afield..there is Whiteways in Arundel - big forest. Chantry Lane in Storrignton leads to miles and miles of footpaths and open fields. Here are a few pics taken around the area of my dogs.

I would happily meet up with you but one of my GSD's is a bit nervy and special when he first meets dogs. He isn't nasty but he does bark and panic a bit until he settles down, I don't know if your dogs would get upset by that.

loki'sdad
New Member!
Male 

02-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi scout75
Thanks, thats all really helpful. Your shepherds look
great and I don't think it would be a problem. My collie is a bit noisy sometimes too, just when she gets too excited! My terrier cross is the most friendly dog you'll come across and just wants to play all the time. I do drive and have a car so I would be happy to join you on one of your walks, I work during the day so any other time would be fine. You just let me know what suits and im sure I could make it.
Cheers
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
oohh! we've done a couple of walks in Worthing (you'll fidn the beaches to be dog friendly mostly all year) I will have a think and get back to you!
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2012, 07:07 PM
The beaches are fine all year except for the part actually near the town (can't remember the exact points) but if you go to Goring/ferring its fine all year - and nicer anyway.

If you want actual parks the list is here....

http://www.adur-worthing.gov.uk/park...aces/worthing/

Let me know any weekend you are free for a walk and we will have to arrange something.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi, I lived there for most of my life until we moved to East Sussex this May. You will be spoiled for good walking in that area. Get yourself up onto Cissbury Hill (about 3 miles inland of Worthing at Findon Village where I used to live) and at the back of the village, you can drive right up to the car park at the top and walk for 50 miles or more if the fancy takes you! This is an area of outstanding natural beauty and not surprisingly so, Cissbury and Chanctonbury being Sussex beauty spots.

Forget Chanctonbury at this time of the year, it's a very steep climb from the Steyning Road end, and it's extremely deep mud! You can walk to it from Cissbury though on the bridleway.

For beaches, you want the Ferring beach, it's for dog walkers all year round, you can walk the 3 miles to Littlehampton and back, great beach, wide when the tide goes out and you have 3 hours either side before the tide reaches the groins.

Lovely area!