Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 03:06 PM

Do you buy a lot of 'stuff' for your dogs

there is a woman i see walking a lot who's dogs must have a fuller wardrobe than me! always seem to be in a different coat and collar! Always coordinated too!

Do you have a lot of 'stuff' and are you picky about how collars etc look or are you all for practicality?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2012, 03:17 PM
None of mine have coats except the ones they were born with but they do have matching collars and leads etc although only one each.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Well I'll admit I did suggest to my husband, Duncan needs his own wardrobe the other day to which he responded no he doesn't that will just encourage you

I thought cheek he only has two T.shirts, a dressing gown, pyjamas, rain coat and yellow all over water proof suit.
Oh and someone gave him a smoking jacket - not that we let him smoke too often (joke before anyone shouts).

Then thought he might have a point .....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 04:53 PM
No, practicality here. Just a collar, lead (both black) and a few toys - the fling ring is his favourite.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Not really.

I have used the same leads (Halti training leads) for as long as I can remember. I have a couple of spares just encase but use these 98% of the time.

Collars, mine arguably have quite a few of. Tilly has one, Dexter has three and Bo has about 4. These are for practicality purposes though; mine always roll in poo so I am constantly washing them and rotating them.

Toys, they have hardly any. No point because they destroy them.

No coats.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Not really, no. They have a couple of collars each - practical, inexpensive ones for their daily walks which I dont mind getting dirty or worn, and then fancier, more expensive ones for dog shows etc.

They have various leads and headcollars but which ones I use depends on where the dogs are going, how long they are going to be on lead etc.

Nothing matches, and they only have 1 coat each, for really nasty weather. They have a few toys but nothing fancy.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Collars chosen for comfort and quality. Clothing chosen for comfort and warmth. Little minpin shivers uncontrollably in cold weather but will NOT move if you put any clothing she doesn't like the feel of on her!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Mine do have two leads each - one flexi and one reflective short lead. Both have two collars each so that I can rotate them because one of mine being a 'poo-roller'

They both also have an equafleece which I put on them if they are very wet after a walk or after they have been bathed, to help dry them when the weather is cold.

Most of their toys have been destroyed by them but they do have quite a few nylon bones, stag bars etc. They also have quite a lot of bits of bedding as I do wash it a lot as I don't want a doggy-smelling house .... actually its my OH who is more concerned about a doggy smelling house
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2012, 05:44 PM
No I buy hardly anything but I am retired and don't have much money to throw around.

My dog does however have a good leather collar which can breathe and a couple of coats which she hates that belonged to my previous dog and are only used in extreme weather conditions .
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 06:59 PM
i have one lead for phoebe and i think ive had it about 3 years now. she also has the same bed, blankets and bowels from the day i got her. Toys and bones are the only things that i buy and i estimate i only spend £50 a year on that as shes not that playfull so we have some toys that we have had for years as they only come out once in a blue moon
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >