Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 11:55 AM

lady attacked by dog

My friend was telling me the other night her friend was taking her dog for a walk.When from no where a bull dog type of dog attacked her he knocked her to the ground it really put the wind up her if it had,nt of been for her friend hearing her shouting she would of been more hurt than she was.The owner of the dog did,nt even ask if he could do anythink or ask if she was ok.People like that make me sick if you know your dog is like that then it should be on a lead at all times.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear about the lady but I do doubt it was a Bulldog, it is surprising how people put a name to the dog that attacked them but in this case I suppose it makes a change it is usually the poor old Staffie that gets the blame when in 9 cases out of 10 the dog involved is a cross breed.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 12:49 PM
sorry to hear this ..hope she is ok ?
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 02:42 PM
I spoke to my friend today and the dog is a white english bull terrier with a black patch over one eye its usually 2 girls of about 11 or 12 who walk the dog and apparently this isnt the first time the dog has tried to attack someone, the dog has been reported to the council.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 02:50 PM
I thought there was an age limit to youngster's being allowed to walk a dog without an adult being present?

They appear to have no control over this dog therefore the dog should have been kept on a lead
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Im not sure about the age limit but my daughter has seen these girls with the dog and they could barely hold it, it was so strong and just pulling them up the street, I cant believe the parents let them take the dog out
bale844
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2005, 04:20 PM
ive just got a staff pup + my daughter will not ever be walking her on her own - apart from them bieng so incredibly strong it would also be at risk of bieng stolen!!
im looking into puppy training classes at the moment to socialize her - is their anything else i can do to ensure my pup grows up friendly? jo x
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by chelsea
I spoke to my friend today and the dog is a white english bull terrier with a black patch over one eye its usually 2 girls of about 11 or 12 who walk the dog and apparently this isnt the first time the dog has tried to attack someone, the dog has been reported to the council.
Did not think it would be a Bulldog, and agree children should not be in charge of a dog, any dog. What happens if they have a small well behaved dog and turn a corner to be confronted by a dog that has it in his mind to kill the next dog it sees, just how involve will the child become and depending on the size of the attacking dog just how bad will be the injury.