Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by LindaE View Post
She is a fan of the dog whisperer!
Say no more!

Whatever is triggering her dog's attacks, she may have it made worse by her actions. Think about it from the dog's point of view... Whatever reason, her dog attacks (and it is likely very stressed) so she separates the two dogs, then "attacks" her own dog in a way he can't understand. So if the trigger was fear, then her stressed dog now has even more reason to be afraid of other dogs because, when they appear and he tries to make them go away, his owner 'attacks' him afterwards...

I do hope she takes up Smokeybear's suggestion. Sarah Whitehead has a good reputation.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Highly unlikely. I've reported peoples dogs and I know other people who have reported other peoples dogs -- authorities are generally not interested in dog on dog incidents.
Sadly this is my experience. I know for a fact my neighbours mastiffs were reported after using a Yorkie as a tug toy. She almost died yet the mastiff owners didn't even get a warning. The staffie that attacked Rupert several times had killed another dog (had this confirmed by the staffies owner). Again, authorities didn't seem to care.

I report real attacks just so it's on record if another has an incident with the dog but I never expect anything to really be done.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 08:47 AM
A friend walks a dog who doesn`t like puppies. She keeps a close eye on him and recalls him and puts him onlead as needed. Since your friend has little control I suggest she keep the dog onlead and read Jean Donaldson`s The Culture Clash which is a good antidote to the Mexican Dog-botherer.
LindaE
New Member!
Female 

22-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks to everyone who has replied. I shall certainly pass all the information onto my friend. I hope she will follow the advice for the dogs sake as well as her own.
I have a copy of the Culture Clash, and found it a great book. Think it was recommended on here before.

Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2