Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a plummers tool!!!!!!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 08:47 PM
I dont know any weird ones just a nice one. I once knew this lady who called her three girls Jade, Amber and Opal-Rose and when she had opal her husband bought her a ring with the three gems in.

sarah xxxx

I always think that with a last name of Dover, ben is the wrong thing to call your kid.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I have an aunt who is called June Rose White, shes only 3 years older than me and she was and still is overweight and so whenever the film "Carousel" was on and the started singing "June is Busting out allover!" my sister and me would start teasing her.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 09:15 PM
My eldest is called Tao (pronounced tay-oh )His Dads best friend was called tao and his sister was called Vayva, I just thought it was a brilliant name and so unusual...I've only met one other
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by mitch
, My sister knew a girl in her school called Shirley Early how bad is that.
My Mum went to school with a girl called Shirley Birley (Not sure how the last name was spent, but it sounded just like her first name! lol)
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 10:08 AM
i have a friend who called her son kingsley. he is only a baby still but i find it hard to call him by his name as kingsley just doesnt sound right she has a n older son called morgan and i quit like that. i like more traditional names hence my james jack lucy and joshua. i i think names like apple and clementine are just silly
Red
Dogsey Junior

08-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Did anyone see the baby in the paper called Drew Peacock?
his parents didn't realise for weeks that his name sounds like droopy C*ck poor little mite.

My youngest niece is called Tasia pronounced Tay-sia my sister took it from the Disney film Fantasia.I have nephews Beau,Steen and Ty and another niece Azara.

I like names that aren't common i think its nice to have a bit of individuality.My own kids are Rafe,Zane,Kady,Ellis,Lara,Tamzin and Coby.
Theres quite a few kids in my area with unusual names.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by mand p
My eldest is called Tao (pronounced tay-oh )His Dads best friend was called tao and his sister was called Vayva, I just thought it was a brilliant name and so unusual...I've only met one other
There was a boy in my school called Tao too the only time I had ever heard the name or anybody with that name.

I used to know an old lady called Ansobine which I thought was strange but I guess it is just old fashioned.

I am still shocked at the one called Flange - out of all the names that has to be the most shocking how embarassing lol.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 10:43 AM
When I was at school, there was a lad called John Goodwillie, and his parents had given him Ivor for his middle name
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
There is a really old guy who lived on Islay and his name is Willie Dick (William but everybody calls him Willie) - I guess in his parents day they never thought about things like that lol.

One bug I have which is quite common in these parts is to have Donald MacDonalds or Sane McShanes lol.

Laura
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >