View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Get a personal injury claim in girl. SERIOUSLY.

Doctor and hospital report.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
You would not apologise until you had all the facts. So the relevant details would have been recorded and the relevant driver been interviewed and investigated to determine whether or not a call was genuine. Not all are.

Nobody would admit liability over the phone as generally speaking they are customer service operatives employed on behalf of the store (not necessarily those who deliver on the store's behalf).

I deal with this sort of thing on a weekly if not daily basis.
I also deal with this sort of thing regularly (though not vehicles, but private land which the public has access to) and even with the facts you still aren't 'allowed' to apologise (unless the insurers have agreed this is ok).

Things were so much easier before the compensation culture - you could act like a human being to the person making a complaint rather than having to be robotic in any response.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

Things were so much easier before the compensation culture - you could act like a human being to the person making a complaint rather than having to be robotic in any response.
Yeah, tbh I wanted an apology. I am not interested in any compensation not even a tenner in gift vouchers! I want an apology and someone to speak to the driver!

I know those guys are tight for time, but blimey I wish they wouldnt take the risks.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 03:23 PM
I would be livid.

None of this is your fault - don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Get the police involved and then sue Tesco.

*Hugs*
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Unfortunately I can see both sides of this in that these days you aren't allowed to say sorry or anything else which might imply guilt because of the risks of legal action
It's a horrible world we live now isn't it

Sadly you are right, the Tesco telephone person might well have been sympathetic and in the 'good old days' the caller would have been put through to the manager and he would have invited the person to call in to the office and all would have been sorted to everyones satisfaction, including (if necessary) the sacking of the driver.

But now no one can admit anything or even give the impression that a wrong has been committed and of course no matter how bad the driver was behaving and how bad his driving was he can not be sacked on the spot !!!

Now of course there's going to be hundreds of people getting work out of this incident, the Police and their lawyers, Tesco and their lawyers, the injured party and her lawyers, the Tesco insurance company, the doctors who will have to examine the injury and write a report which (since it doesn't effect them) will be long and wordy, that will have to be sent to God only knows how many people who will have to read it and make a judgement.

My (conservative) estimate is that due to the stupid laws we have now this will generate about a thousand hours of work for all these people, most of whom are paid out of taxes levied on the working population, it's no wonder our taxes are so high

Why can't the two parties just get together and agree what needs to be done, Tesco offers a months free food shopping and pays for any medical attention, sacks the driver, and everyone gets on with their lives grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-09-2012, 03:56 PM
It is not a matter of wanting compensation or not, if you do NOT - at the very least - threaten Tesco with legal action, and it happens again - to a child's head say, could you ever forgive yourself?

My son fell through a hall ceiling once. No he should not have been able to get up there but a door which should have been locked was not. A wall ladder which should have been blocked off was not. A trapdoor which should have been closed and locked was not.

So my then 7-year old son, egged on by two other boys, went through the door, up the wall ladder, through the trapdoor, and walked forwards...

...and fell head-first through half-inch thick ceiling tiles.

So I sued both the hall and the organisation who were looking after the children at that afternoon club.

Why? Because it was the third time a child had done the same thing and as the previous two only had minor injuries, unlike my son, the parents took no action. Had they done so no child would ever have been able to get up there again.

After I sued them it never happened again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I would be livid.

None of this is your fault - don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Get the police involved and then sue Tesco.

*Hugs*
So would I be livid, and I'd do the same. Your telephone call to the alleged "customer services" for what they were worth, will have been recorded that will go in your favour too! How very dare they treat their customers like this!

Hali is right, they are not allowed to say sorry, same as you are not allowed to say it if you hit another car because you are thereby admitting your guilt, but that aside, they should at least have put your call onto somebody in higher authority if only to soften you up! Grrrr. You must go to the doc's to confirm what has happened to your shoulder and today, because if you don't, and the injury only shows itself up in a weeks' time you won't have a leg to stand on, because you didn't go immediately!

Good luck with the police and Tesco (I hate Tesco!).
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Actually whether or not she goes to the doctor immediately or not is irrelevant.

You have 3 years in which to make a claim.

As a veteran of hundreds of accident investigation and claims, things are, IME rarely as black and white as some would have others to believe.

But why just sack the driver without a full investigation? Surely there is more that can be done by those baying for his blood?

Surely sacking is too good for him?

Perhaps the local Tescos could also be shut down?

Nothing like a kangaroo court is there..................
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Actually whether or not she goes to the doctor immediately or not is irrelevant.

You have 3 years in which to make a claim.

As a veteran of hundreds of accident investigation and claims, things are, IME rarely as black and white as some would have others to believe.

But why just sack the driver without a full investigation? Surely there is more that can be done by those baying for his blood?

Surely sacking is too good for him?

Perhaps the local Tescos could also be shut down?

Nothing like a kangaroo court is there..................
Actually, IMO it is relevant that you go to the doctor immediately, if only to have yourself checked over that all is well, so that if later on down the line something develops from it, the doctor has it on his log that you attended straight after being hit. It cannot fail to go in your favour IMO, if I'm allowed to have one.

I would want this guy severely reprimanded, it verges on dangerous driving to me. I understand how he cannot see things in his blind spot, BUT, they should take account of that and WAIT, to see if anybody is going to emerge from said blind spot! Totally irresponsible, whether he be a van driver or the driver of another car who hit Dalmonda.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 05:13 PM
AS I said, we only have ONE version of events thus far.

I like to hear BOTH sides of the story before I jump to conclusions.

Is that ok?

That is how balanced judgements are made, IME.........
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >