Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:15 AM

Good morning all - Monday!

Morning all,

A busy day for me today as it’s just Shirley and I. Emma and Suzanne are both on holiday.

Fortunately, Shirley went into work yesterday, and if I know her at all, she’ll have cleared a shedload – gotta love that woman!

Weather’s pants, I see..... so much for the summer......

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
Learn a lesson from your dog - no matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that crap and move on.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Good Morning Cuz xxx

God Bless Shirley

Wasn't overly impressed yesterday with the lady that wants Flower,(the one that transported her) she arrived with all her children (even though the rescue told her not to as yet) she was apparently put out as they have not done a home check....even though it has been explained that flower needs to be 100% before they go any further about rehoming her.
Then the eldest boy announces have you got your nasty dog locked away It seems that his Mom described Bruce as ''the nasty dog'' because he hasn't taken to Flower when she arrived........on explaining ''that is perfectly normal behaviour and Flower is on 'his turf' plus if he wanted to carry the threats through he would of, which he hasn't''
She tells me her dogs would never behave that way
Its p'ing it down and none of the animals will venture outside... Im not popular...cuz they have too Foster son is driving me bonkers as he wanted a full english at 6am he got egg on toast....not a happy lad Life's a biatch and then you died
Hopefully by 7.30 when he's gone to school all will be peaceful

Have fun folks xxxxxxxx

ps..........the gem is very apt for me today LOL
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Morning Vicki, Steph and all

I hope that Shirley managed to clear the workload and wasn't washed away.

I had to smile at FS Steph, he would have probably got cereal or porridge if he was here, typical teenager! What a stupid woman to tell child you have a nasty dog, especially when they were visiting. My lot would go bonkers if I bought in a strange dog.

I had a busy day yesterday afternoon at work, Rhona and I managed to sort out all of the forms and signs for next Saturday, the dreaded day for booking to visit Father Christmas. We normally have a huge queue but we are hoping that we will have caught people on the hop as we are taking bookings a week earlier than we normally would. We are short staffed this week and lone working so it was our last opportunity. We usually have approximately 1,000 children visiting, it is mostly booked by recommendation, people enquiring as early as April!

I don't think our walk today will be very long, it looks as if it will be very wet today! Not got anything in particular on the agenda.

Have a good day all!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

3 cheers for Shirley. I hope today isn't so manic as you are expecting Vicki.

At the woman and the way she has behaved. Sounds to me like it will not be the ideal home for Flower. As if you would of taken her in if you thought of any of your gang would of made her life miserable. Also at FS blooming cheek.

Wet here but not raining it tipped it down through the evening and during the night. Seems the whole country is in for some worrying weather over the next few days.
Usual here today walk Dillon, housework and make up my mind do I go to mum today or tomorrow with eldest borther or wait till the end of the week. She has forms to sign re: the sale of the house then they have to be popped into the Solicitor. I keep telling myself one last push then it will be over or I hope so. Then I can have my life back.

Like the gem today too also seems appropriate in this house at the moment as well.
Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
You are lucky to have a Shirley Vicki, sadly there are not many of them left. Although have to say the two I am working with have told me they would cover me today so I can be at home for Charly's 21st and still get paid. We are not due a boss in so it should all go fine .
Had a lovely meal last night to start the celebrations with all the family at Toby Carvery, there was 14 of us including Charlys boyfriend. Thank goodness he was there as it was raining so hard when we left late last night I couldn't see to drive so he drove my car home.
This morning the wind has dropped, the rain has stopped and its much milder. In fact I got rather hot on the slow walk with the dogs.
Have a good day all and take care.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Morning Vicki, Steph, Gerry and everyone

Hats off to Shirley there, she's a real star. Glad you're not spoiling that FS (too much) there Steph, and a big grrrr to that woman saying that about Bruce, sounds like they don't know too much about dogs doesn't it.

What a night, loads of torrential rain, but then we really needed it here in the SE coz it hasn't rained for weeks on end and now we got it all at once. At least Zena's stream in the woods will be deep and flowing once more. It's not raining now, but it's very dull out there so I'm sure it will when we're half way round the woods.

Not a lot planned here today, except for supervising Dave with his snagging of the new kitchen, so that next week-end, he can start on that bootroom - that'll be a piece of cake though compared to the kitchen. I'm evicting him from the conservatory today, he's been using that as his workshop, it's full of his tools, but my friends all want to come over again at the end of this month, so I'm going to get some seating for it, otherwise they'll be sitting on the floor in the lounge lol!

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Morning all,

Well not a very good night, I kept waking up from very weird dreams so I'm pretty shattered feeling this morning.

Work today, hopefully don't have too much of a problem, then I have cadets tonight cause I am being taught how to use a different type of rifle, however, I am tempted to call off and just hit the sack instead.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Good morning all

Horrible weather. Raining, blowing a gale (in fact, it was a very noisy gale during the night) and apparently it's in for the day

Rosie had a lovely day yesterday. Her new toys went down very well and she played with them all day. Lovely long walk and lots of cuddles . She says thank you to all those who wished her a happy birthday.

On the theme of birthdays, very happy 21st Charly. Hope you have a day to remember

It'll be a quick, local walk for us today so that Rosie burns off some energy then hibernate for the rest of it.

Have a good 'un all
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Morning all

Is it wrong to hope that lady won't get Flower?

Very rainy here in Birmingham! My OH had a job interview this morning & I had uni so off we went to the train station at 8am only to discover that there won't be any trains today because of the rain causing problems on the tracks! So we went to go to the bus stop instead.. Only to find that there aren't any/They're all very delayed because the main road into our town is flooded! So we call OH's mum to give him a lift to his interview, walk all the way home in the pouring rain, hairdry OH's fancy interview shoes, I turn my back for 5 seconds to wave OH off, turn around and.. Molly has pooped in the living room

Some days...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2012, 09:03 AM
'morning Vicki and all above

Sun is out here so it might be a nice day again.

Just had to laugh at todays 'gem' hope it's not that bad for you all.

Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
only to discover that there won't be any trains today because of the rain causing problems on the tracks!
That reminded me of the now famous "Wrong type of leaves" excuse from the days when it was British Rail
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >