Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Possible liver tumour

My poor old boy has not been himself for the last few days, off his food (a first in his life) & has a swollen abdomen which looks as if he is about to whelp. He is also a bit quiet.

Took him to the vets who says it is fluid & he suspects a liver tumour -prognosis guarded. He is going in tomorrow for bloods/scan & ? treatment.

I didn't ask any questions as I was upset.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Do they operate for this, he is nearly 11 & has hypothyroidism & also has an unexplored tumour on his side also.
Is it possible they could ring me tomorrow & say it's so bad not to bring him round for the anaesthetic?

I suppose I'm asking if I need to say my goodbyes now
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:03 PM
If there is fluid there it sounds as if the tumor as already burst, my lad was pts in 2005 due to heamangiosarcoma they opened him up and it had already burst along with a lobe of his love that had fallen off in the body cavity.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. So many lovely dogs either v. ill or passed on just lately.

I do hope for a good prognosis for him. Everything crossed.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
If there is fluid there it sounds as if the tumor as already burst, my lad was pts in 2005 due to heamangiosarcoma they opened him up and it had already burst along with a lobe of his love that had fallen off in the body cavity.
Oh my god, really? I'm so worried about him. Surey they wouldn't have sent him home if that was the case?
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. So many lovely dogs either v. ill or passed on just lately.

I do hope for a good prognosis for him. Everything crossed.
Thank you. I have a feeling of foreboding. You just know when your dog is not right I can't even get him to come and lie in the lounge with us, he is just lying in the kitchen
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I lost Moet to liver cancer, he swelled up rapidly. He was put on medication which did reduce the fluid it did give us a bit more time with him.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Really hope the news isn't so bad tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and your boy with my fingers crossed. xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh lord you won't get much rest tonight. Will you be speaking to the vet in the morning?

I'm hoping little Bella outlives me so I never have to go through the agony of losing a beloved pet ever again. Arrangements have been made for my kids to take care of her. (They are arguing about who will get her already and I ain't dead yet)
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh lord you won't get much rest tonight. Will you be speaking to the vet in the morning?

I'm hoping little Bella outlives me so I never have to go through the agony of losing a beloved pet ever again. Arrangements have been made for my kids to take care of her. (They are arguing about who will get her already and I ain't dead yet)
He is going in at 8.15am & they will ring me with results of scan as soon as they have them. It is an agony too, I'm still reeling from losing my pup in october. At least Dennis has had a good life, but it's so easy to forget when we get them as pups the agony we will eventually go through
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Dennis I would imagine that you will get a phone call before surgery, but after the scan while he is still sedated. Everything crossed that the prognosis is better than what I think you are expecting.

Thinking of you at this worrying time. Hugs for you and dear Dennis.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »