View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 12:29 PM
The quality is excellent. Mine used to have it and I would thoroughly recommend it. However it was getting way too expensive. I have a lovely friend who kindly gets all mine for me now, all human consumption and half the price.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I feed it to my two, Madison has it most days and enjoys it (wont eat the chicken flavour though?) on in between days she has whole rabbit, chicken carcasses etc so it doesn't work out too bad price wise - she only has 450g of it.

Merf just started on it as i kept her on the dry food her breeder fed her, think i will do the same with her re NI every other day im sure she will need more then Madison.

It is quite pricey but very good quality and fast delivery, although i order mine through a local company that stocks it as their delivery price is cheaper.

I tried Darlings food first but Madison refused it - had a really strong spinach smell to it.
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I used to get it for our two. Jasper loved it, but Jake wasn't keen, and it got rather expensive.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:54 PM
My dog trainer feeds his dogs on it and speaks highly off it. In fact the only bad thing I've ever heard said about it is the price. I can't afford to feed a dog Cain's size on it, but if you can afford it, it appears to be a good quality food.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm hoping to move Whisper on to this - at least partially if not completely - depends if I can afford it really. She would only need approx. 450g a day though as she's not that big (just very furry lol) and in all honesty it won't work out that much more expensive than the food she's currently on (Natures Harvest / Fish4Dogs) but should be far better quality.

She's pretty fussy but am hoping she'll like it! I think I've found a supplier locally-ish so we can just get a few for her to try rather than pay delivery for a small order.

It appeals to me as an easy-to-feed raw food option I suppose and as said although it *is* pricey I don't think it will work out much more than her current commercial diet. Hopefully it will be a good introduction to raw for Whisper as she isn't keen at all on bones!

Am hoping if she does like it I can try her on some cheaper raw food such as Raw2Go and alternate between them.

Have finally chosen a freezer which is an under counter one but still a good size (husband's preference - I would have loved a chest freezer) and we're hoping to buy it between us next month. So hopefully will be trying some in the very near future.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

19-04-2012, 08:48 PM
they do add supplements already, however at nearly £3 / kg you can easily feed raw cheaper than that
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Thank you everyone

I have placed an order I was in two minds over it, because it is so pricey but I really want good quality for the new addition. I know he will probably be able to handle large, chunky bits of food, but just for my peace of mind, I would like to have this in so I know I definitely have something that is good quality for him. I could have easily got prize choice, but I don't like the quality so the extra money is worth the quality IMO.

It definitely won't be something that I get on a regular, long term basis, and I most likely will just get some in every so often as a nice wee treat, and maybe as a nice kong filler. I don't feed minces, but they are handy for putting in kongs, so this could be the answer

I got some of the puppy variety, and the pure variety... I don't feed fruit and veg, and the pure variety is cheaper, so is right up my street (I know the puppy variety have fruit and veg). I also got some lamb necks for Jake
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:14 PM
why didnt u get the working?
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:19 PM
You'll have to let us know what you (and Jake!) think of it.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
why didnt u get the working?
I'm not keen on the ingredients in it... and the beef is 40% chicken. There is only a difference of 25p for the beef, and the chicken is actually cheaper for the Pure (only by 10p though). Why should I have got the working?

Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
You'll have to let us know what you (and Jake!) think of it.
I will
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >