Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2010, 03:52 PM

Constant colds/sinusitis, what could it be? :(

Well still not feeling better after a week of antibiotics/various home remedies for my sinusitis

Gone back today, Doc says it could be viral in which case I need to sit it out.

He said he is more worried about the fact I cant shake these constant cold and sent me for blood tests to check in case its something more serious.

<<I've been suffering colds almost every other week since the end of july; Coughing, sneezing, Runny Nose, Sore throat..the usual

Colleagues have been commenting they've never known anyone get colds as often as I do.

Its not something that's been a problem before. i eat plenty fruit and veg and its definitely not allergies.

I had another cold about 10 days ago. As I got over that I started with terrible pressure headaches, dizziness, nausea, and pain around my sinuses and ears.>>

Ive had to take time of work because I feel so awful.
Also to mention Ive been feeling run down and tired no matter how much sleep I get. Ive also got cold sores.
Just generally feeling rubbish (((

I really should have asked the doctor what he meant by 'something more serious' and now Im worrying does anyone have any idea????
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Are you sure it's a cold and not an allergy to something?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I had chronic sinusitis but it didn't present as constant colds, just near-permanent sinus congestion (pain in my cheeks, upper toothache, blocked nose) and regular infections (same as above but nasal drip and luminous snot!). After 3 years the hospital finally discovered I had a badly deviated septum and after surgery to fix that and file down the 'shelves' in my sinuses, as well as cauterising the swollen nostril lining, I've been fine. Get the odd bit of congestion when I get a cold but nothing near as bad as I used to.
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-11-2010, 10:34 PM
whats your medication.
I started with usual summer hayfever. now all year.
Taking anti histimine and steroid nasal spray.
No sense of smell whatsoever for about 5 years now.
Always difficult to tell if I have a cold or a sinus infection.
Have lots of 1 day 2 day 'colds' which lemsip kill off instantly.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Shift work??
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Shiftwork
6 on 4 off
2 days 2 afternoons 2 nights 4 restdays
It does run you down
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 12:18 PM
How on earth did u guys know I work shifts??! Yes I do and they've recently changed the pAttern....
I do just think I I've been very run down and picked up a nasty virus the doc doesn't think it's allergiesbut it's a possibility.
I'm on amoxicillin, and paracetamol, due for blood results on tues.
I almost did A gillian when the nurse took my blood. Went all woozy it was quite scary... Never fainted before.
Thanks for all ur replies x
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by katandcolin View Post
How on earth did u guys know I work shifts??! Yes I do and they've recently changed the pAttern....
I do just think I I've been very run down and picked up a nasty virus the doc doesn't think it's allergiesbut it's a possibility.
I'm on amoxicillin, and paracetamol, due for blood results on tues.
I almost did A gillian when the nurse took my blood. Went all woozy it was quite scary... Never fainted before.
Thanks for all ur replies x
Shift work really runs you down. You won't realise how much until you stop doing it. Once you are run down you will pick up everything going and more.