Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Shona,

Couldn't agree more. Jason, because he wants to give showing a try, has the pick of the dogs and I have given him all the info on the pick thus far. Over the next few weeks there will be changes, most of all the head and this will dictate the outcome of the dogs bite. There are plenty of 'tooth fairy' judges here. I am happy for Jason to have some input as the potential owner but he also knows that I am available at any time for advice but it is going to be a difficult choice as they are both crackin babies. Time will tell.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by chopperlodge View Post
Hi Shona,

Couldn't agree more. Jason, because he wants to give showing a try, has the pick of the dogs and I have given him all the info on the pick thus far. Over the next few weeks there will be changes, most of all the head and this will dictate the outcome of the dogs bite. There are plenty of 'tooth fairy' judges here. I am happy for Jason to have some input as the potential owner but he also knows that I am available at any time for advice but it is going to be a difficult choice as they are both crackin babies. Time will tell.
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Hi Jason, if your planning to show, {just talking from a breeders point of view} even though its rotts I have and I know nowt about EBT, I would say, its in the breeders best intrest to give you the better pup, its going to be out in the show ring flying the banner for her kennel, so they want the best out there in the ring, I would close your mind off to it, you will get the best pup from the breeder,, not sure how things go in EBT but a lot can happen in rotties over a few weeks at that age,, if its similar in EBT, you may find it swinging back and forth,, but Im thinking poss EBT are not as choppy changey as rotties can be
Hi Jason,
just sit back and enjoy keep a eye on the babies and decide when they are 6 weeks we aka Chopperlodge and I can only advise you what we think will do well, and if that solid boy had been a little girl I know she wouldn't have gone anywhere, and I think he will be better then his sire and that is what you hope for when you do breed
ps please dont use my name on the open forum
Colley1275
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2008, 04:19 AM
They are all lovely - I could write write all I know about EBT on the back of a stamp - but love the red and white brindle at the beginning of the thread.

I picked out my little girl (now 6 months) at 7 weeks old and picked her mostly on temperament (she is very easy going) I was guided by my breeder also as I am going to show her and was given a choice of three girls whose confirmation was spot on at the time. At the end of the day they can change so much in their first year and onwards as each pup is individual. Go with your instinct when you get to meet the pups in the flesh and I am sure you will make the right choice !

Happy picking
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Take the two - both are wee crackers.
jason84
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2008, 09:19 AM
yes that would be nice but unfortunately not possible. , i think ill have my hands full with one little terror let alone two...
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh come one now, they're not that bad not quite terrors
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 09:37 PM
For showing purposes, I have no idea, obviously your breeder does but personally I'd go for the white and red, because I love the colouring....

WHichever you choose will be stunning
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 11:45 PM
sorry to highjack the thread, but Elaine asked if I could post some photos, of { Toro the terrible } to get your views on her, {not the best photos but you get the rough idea, } she will start showing her in a few weeks, I took some photos on monday night, but she seems to have gone all bum high in a week shes just turning six months old,
here she is,

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 11:57 PM
the other I took on monday night, sorry about the angles, I thought as she is white and the stage is black it would work well, but the stage is about 5ft5 from the floor up so some of the photo angles are a bit off looking, {cos im small} ps Elaine was Inkliveeva on the forum, just she had said she would like both china and copperlodge to tell her what they think of the pup,, lol cos I aint got a clue,

Sally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Well they are very cute

When i got my boy the breeder advised me that sadly the Solid dogs do not do as well at the all breeds show, but are given the recognition they deserve at the speciality shows..

If you are only going to show at the all breeds show and not specialty's so much I would have to take that into consideration.. It's not just the turn you should look at either in your final decision.. The fill under the eyes and the egg shape viewed from the front.. A nice short back with gun barrel front and nice round bone, with good second thigh....

I know it's hard to choose, as let's face it "ALL BULLIE ARE BEAUTIFUL"..

At this stage I do like the "other boy" just from the pics, but most breeders pic at 6 weeks and the mouth does change big time.. My boy had an inch between his bite and he now has a perfect scissor bite..
Glad it's you that has to pick!! Don't think I could do it again
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »