View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2008, 12:24 PM
We have a 4 month old puppy. She's an Airedale Terror called Cassidy.

Here she is at 2 weeks:

And at 6 weeks

And at 3 months

And as she is now at 4 months, getting groomed for first time to strip her of her puppy curls, sniff!

Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Airedale Kate stunning little puppy. Really like her name too.

Do Airedale's require a lot of grooming? Just being nosey. it's not a breed I know very much about. I have only met a couple of them one very friendly and one not . Just wanted to know some more about them
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 01:09 PM
well Mya's 5 months now but still feels like a new puppy

4 weeks:

7 weeks ish:

18 weeks:

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Boofal puppies!! Airedale Kate your girly... oh my isn't she gorgeous!! My Nan had a lovely Airedale, Bob, my Mum called him Oddjob or Bobajob?? He had a wonderful trick...give him a Bonio and he would toss it in the air and it would land in his water He was gorgeous!!
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Moonstone, yes Airedales do take a lot of grooming. To keep their wiry coat they need to be hand stripped of their old coat using stripping knives which are like little combs with sharp teeth of varying widths for different areas of the coat. Maintaining a dog in top condition for showing (which we hope to do if she continues to develop as she is) will require many hours on the table. She's an angel though and actually seem to find it quite relaxing.

If you don't intend to show and don't mind their coat becoming soft, they can be clippered, but the black jacket often fades to grizzle grey and their coat with be soft. This is how our nearly 11 year old rescue boy is as he has always been clippered.

If you do nothing you will soon end up with a big woolly bully as they do not shed coat!

Any other questions let me know and I'll PM or start a thread in the Terrier section. I could talk all day about Airedales!

Kate x
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Ooooooh! Puppies

I'm adding Cassidy to my top 10 dogs I'd like to kidnap
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2008, 03:25 PM
They are all gorgeous.
Looking forward to pics of all the new ones coming home soon.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post
Moonstone, yes Airedales do take a lot of grooming. To keep their wiry coat they need to be hand stripped of their old coat using stripping knives which are like little combs with sharp teeth of varying widths for different areas of the coat. Maintaining a dog in top condition for showing (which we hope to do if she continues to develop as she is) will require many hours on the table. She's an angel though and actually seem to find it quite relaxing.

If you don't intend to show and don't mind their coat becoming soft, they can be clippered, but the black jacket often fades to grizzle grey and their coat with be soft. This is how our nearly 11 year old rescue boy is as he has always been clippered.

If you do nothing you will soon end up with a big woolly bully as they do not shed coat!

Any other questions let me know and I'll PM or start a thread in the Terrier section. I could talk all day about Airedales!

Kate x

Thanks kate for replying, I never knew you stripped Airedales I thought they were clippered. She is lovely, and if you do show her, I am sure she will do well.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Beautiful pups everyone !
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Aww cuties!!!
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »