View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I actually got to watch this episode last night on the "On Demand" repeat viewing, so now feel better able to pass comment on the actual issue.

I think having the dog put to sleep was, without any doubt, the right thing to do in that particular case. I'm all for love of a dog, but not at any cost.

That said, and I feel I must stress this, this clearly was a case of wrong dog - wrong people. They were clearly not matched for each other in the least.

It almost had me screaming at the screen when the owners were "ooohing and ahhhing" at the dog responding to just basic commands from Victoria. "He's never done that before. It's like a new dog." How many times have you tried? being my obvious response.

I feel, quite strongly, that had the owners bothered to spend a little more time giving the dog just some basic manners much earlier in the relationship, this entire situation could so easily have been avoided.

You don't buy a car without knowing how to drive it, please, don't expect to do the same with a dog. It just doesn't work.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Good points GSD lover
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 09:57 PM
I watched this and cried my eyes out. Can't believe that a) those kids were allowed to behave they way they did with the dog, screaming and pulling their hands away and b) that a decision by her seemed to be made over the telephone.

Don't agree with VS's training methods - but all the edits for TV are only made to make her look good - think this kind of dog training programme is dangerous.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
That said, and I feel I must stress this, this clearly was a case of wrong dog - wrong people. They were clearly not matched for each other in the least.

It almost had me screaming at the screen when the owners were "ooohing and ahhhing" at the dog responding to just basic commands from Victoria. "He's never done that before. It's like a new dog." How many times have you tried? being my obvious response.
Here Here, I said the exact same thing to my OH. What a pair of idiotic owners. Any dog is perceptive if given the chance to learn, they obviously did absolutely nothing with him to channel his energy and look at the end result
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14