Male 

25-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Your wish is my command Sal
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Will Dogsey be linked?
Only I am on other sites where they have a breeders section and you constantly get dozy people keep popping up saying appalling things like `my chi/uggle/oodle bitch has gone into labour i think wot do i do smiley face iz it ok like to leave it while i go to work now? `...
and the red mist descends.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
That's crafty Azz....love it.
Glad you can see the method in my madness

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
If you have a site with all the tips and info about buying the right pup ,why would people with the wrong pups want to advertise?
Because we will have some *special* features that the other sites won't have they are top secret so I can't share them just yet

Plus to begin with we'll be subtle - they won't know any different

Gosh I'm getting good at this crafty stuff LOL
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:51 PM
If it's linked into Dogsey I could forsee problems. If you're wanting to get the cocka-doodle-poodle-cava-shi-weiler brigade listing on here... the "oh it's not a twinkywinkypoo it's a mongrel" crowd are likely to send them running for their lives very very rapidly!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I like the idea

As has already been said by others and yourself, Azz, it would be a massive job. There will always be the people who will buy a dog from a man in the local pub, a mate of a mate on a social networking site is selling one so they will buy it from them, etc, etc. BUT, there are many people who will look online for breeds or breeders and if a Dogsey run site was the top google search, then people would look here first and hopefully get some good tips on how to go about buying a dog, and also considering a rescue dog.

You will never win them all, but you will get nowhere if you don't at least try. I say go for it Azz!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Will Dogsey be linked?
Only I am on other sites where they have a breeders section and you constantly get dozy people keep popping up saying appalling things like `my chi/uggle/oodle bitch has gone into labour i think wot do i do smiley face iz it ok like to leave it while i go to work now? `...
and the red mist descends.
Yep - Dogsey will be linked, that's half the plan

People will come here and (hopefully) learn our (better) ways and attitudes.

If we do 'upset' some (which is inevitable and perhaps even necessary) I don't think they will shun the other site as it will operate under a different domain name, and the link to Dogsey will look like an ad. We'll be affiliated but not joined, so people can see they are two completely separate sites.

To the uninitiated, people will think they are of different ethics too... little do they know what's going on under the hood
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:53 PM
What about using the social networking sites too,the other forum mentioned has a page on there and there are all manner of adverts,mainly disgusting ones......
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
If it's linked into Dogsey I could forsee problems. If you're wanting to get the cocka-doodle-poodle-cava-shi-weiler brigade listing on here... the "oh it's not a twinkywinkypoo it's a mongrel" crowd are likely to send them running for their lives very very rapidly!
Yes that could be a problem. And perhaps we could learn something from that too - people who buy cocka-pooes and what not, don't know any better, we are very very fortunate that we about the potential pit-falls of crosses (and to be fair the genetic advantage of a wider gene pool). So maybe we have to accept that well, we didn't manage to get to this owner before they went ahead and bought this dog - but maybe we can help them make a more informed decision next time around.. and maybe even acknowledge that perhaps in hindsight they ought to have done different. (And they they might impart that better knowledge on others.)

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I like the idea

As has already been said by others and yourself, Azz, it would be a massive job. There will always be the people who will buy a dog from a man in the local pub, a mate of a mate on a social networking site is selling one so they will buy it from them, etc, etc. BUT, there are many people who will look online for breeds or breeders and if a Dogsey run site was the top google search, then people would look here first and hopefully get some good tips on how to go about buying a dog, and also considering a rescue dog.

You will never win them all, but you will get nowhere if you don't at least try. I say go for it Azz!
I'm very glad you 'get it' Majuka! I was kinda worried you would all think I was mad
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I think its an interesting idea..
The more people you can get at the better.

Working in a massive pet shop I meet uneducated dog people all the time, and having a site, that they can get helpful advice of - even though its not the ideal way of buying a pup its better than not getting any info at all. People are often wanting to buy dogs from pet shops and they get huge rants from me, but Im sure they just find one online anyway...

To be fair, when I was looking up my puppy I looked on these sites too. I didn't realise it was all unethical breeders - and to be fair, its not. I went to visit a puppy with a KC registered show winning breeder who listed on Preloved. Some people just need the extra exposure. I also contacted the breed club and the Kennel Club website but finding a rare breed isnt easy

I think sadly the site will be plagued with fakes - I came accross many fake adds - Shiba Inu, 8 weeks, fully litter trained, delivered from Scotland. But as long as you have notes and what to look for in a breeder pages I dont see this would be any more of a problem than scams on other sites.

Do breeders pay to post an ad or is it all a free ad-based site? Have you thought about linking products to the page? Amazon associates lets you link products and get a small percentage back off each one sold.. Could be useful if you made a Puppy shopping list page etc...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
What about using the social networking sites too,the other forum mentioned has a page on there and there are all manner of adverts,mainly disgusting ones......
As much as I despise those SN's perhaps we'll get a page too - beat them at their own game on all fronts - it's war
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »