Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Along the same principle years ago there was a push for people with health tested Staffords to advertise their dogs at stud, with the view to making people more aware of health testing.

I don't know how much of an impact it made because I got loads of enquiries to use my dog at stud. I asked about the health tests their bitch had, explained what each test meant and why they were important and invited them to come back when they knew the results of the bitches test.

Not only did they not come back but in one day I got three calls from the same woman because she had got details off different sites and she did remember who she had called.

No matter what I said she was just looking for a local dog to cover her bitch and she did not care for anything else.

So it can be an uphill battle.
Thanks - this is exactly what I'm trying to demonstrate. That no matter how hard we try, people are going to use these sites because they really don't care that much, or are too excited and 'want it now'.

So by displacing the current big sites in the sector and replacing them, we can try to instigate change. Albeit slowly if necessary. The initial goal is to kill-off these other sites, and be in a position to do something/be influential

Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
But if the site had breed health testing requirements and sound information such as in SBTs blues are not rare down to the difference between KC reg and DLUK reg then it might help those that care but just don't know.
Good ideas - and something we'll want to try and 'get in' in the future. We have to remember that to begin with we want these 'breeders' to love us and to use us and to make us number one to help kill the other sites... we can then start to tackle the educational aspect it's a bit crafty, but I think we can stop playing mr nice guy now
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Sounds a good idea,the only concern I have is the illegal ads,i.e amstaffs etc how will these be dealt with?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Sounds a good idea,the only concern I have is the illegal ads,i.e amstaffs etc how will these be dealt with?
I'm not sure tbh Sal

I think we might take the same view as the current sites do - if they allow them then we will too (the police can always ask for IP details if they need to).

I know it sounds odd, but we actually want the bad lot to use us - because they will inadvertently be helping us suckers
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi Azz, read this when you first posted and I have been mulling it over.
You deserve a reply so that you don't think that I am ignoring you

It sounds a massive project, one that I wouldn't know where to start.
In principle it sounds like something that is sorely needed and it would be great if we could make a difference. Unfortunately it could turn out to be an uphill battle.
Everyone wants something for nothing which is why people use these BYB and free ad sites. You only have to look around Fb at the number of "free to a good home" pages there are.
I would like to think we could make a difference but I am doubtfull.
Regardless, good luck, I shall follow with interest.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-09-2011, 03:11 PM
You might have to let us use other sites names in this debate ?...
Do you know which came first pets 4 home or their forum??
Will it alienate some dogsey folk?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi Azz, read this when you first posted and I have been mulling it over.
You deserve a reply so that you don't think that I am ignoring you

It sounds a massive project, one that I wouldn't know where to start.
In principle it sounds like something that is sorely needed and it would be great if we could make a difference. Unfortunately it could turn out to be an uphill battle.
Everyone wants something for nothing which is why people use these BYB and free ad sites.
Hi Nippy, yes, unfortunately it will be an uphill struggle - and for a good while we'll be sleeping with the enemy. But if we have to do that to kill-off the sites run by mostly unethical people, then so be it. We will instigate change over time - something they've proven they're not able or willing to do.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I would like to think we could make a difference but I am doubtfull.
Regardless, good luck, I shall follow with interest.
Even if we get 1,000 people who we wouldn't have reached anyway to make a more thoughtful decision it will be worth it
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
You might have to let us use other sites names in this debate ?...
Do you know which came first pets 4 home or their forum??
Their forum came afterwards, and although the dog part of it is much smaller than ours, it's still a number of people who are not benefiting from the help and discussion from all of you guys - and that irritates me a bit.

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Will it alienate some dogsey folk?
I hope not - I think most people will be ok once they read through this thread and see what we're trying to achieve.

Our goal is to kill-off those sites, and replace them but also try to do good (more good than the current sites) - it will be a fine balance, and it won't happen over-night - but it's worth a shot.

Also, it will mean more members for Dogsey - so that can't be a bad thing
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Their forum came afterwards, and although the dog part of it is much smaller than ours, it's still a number of people who are not benefiting from the help and discussion from all of you guys - and that irritates me a bit.

I hope not - I think most people will be ok once they read through this thread and see what we're trying to achieve.

Our goal is to kill-off those sites, and replace them but also try to do good (more good than the current sites) - it will be a fine balance, and it won't happen over-night - but it's worth a shot.

Also, it will mean more members for Dogsey - so that can't be a bad thing
It would be good,there forum is tacky,you are not allowed to discuss matters or have a good debate,the admin is a total plank!
Much prefer Dogsey!
Would be good to see that site and the classifieds go under
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-09-2011, 03:43 PM
If you have a site with all the tips and info about buying the right pup ,why would people with the wrong pups want to advertise?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:44 PM
That's crafty Azz....love it.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »