Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
UPDATE...........We have not had any of the childs family speak to us today, we have been totally ignored.........why because my other neighbour (who kindly let me put the dog in his porch) tells me that .....they are annoyed as you wouldn't let them beat it's head in till dead, whilst you held it, and you took it away into my porch they are saying you thought more of the dogs feelings....well thats that then

People just make you sick don't they . You saved their child from a much worse injury and that's the thanks you get .
Any decent person would have been thanking you profusely .
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I am so sorry you all had to witness this attack. Well Done to you, Pat, and Fs You all acted quickly. If it wasn't for you lot who knows what could have happened to the child x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank you all, yes it would appear we (at the moment anyway) don't exsist.

Pat and I have been out the front putting in a small fence down the front garden, a number of relatives have come and gone but no-one has spoken to us, not even the childs Father who we have seen several times.

I thought they might of spoken to Pat and thanked him, as they rarely speak to females in conversation, but No, they haven't spoken to him either.

Nick (who's porch I used) tells me he's not being spoken to either even though he walked over to them to ask how the child was, he said that when he asked they just said ''fine'' without looking at him. He thinks it is because he was overheard saying to someone else, ''I think the dog wasn't too bad once he settled down and that it thought it was having a ''tug of war'' game'' Whooooops.

We have been approached by several other neighboursm who witnessed it all and they have all said ''My you were brave I don't think I could of helped her'', but obviously the family of the child have taken things personal as to how we handled things.

But in my mind (which is clear of any guilt) first I wouldn't of allowed anyone to bash a dogs head in whilst I was holding it as I think that is an awful thing to do, plus my own FS and other children were around and I wouldn't of sanctioned anything like that for them to witness ontop of the attack of a child.

So with a clear conscience I will hold my head high So it is up to them if they feel I had feelings for the dog, I did I admitt, and for thier child too.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh my god. Poor dog and poor child. How old was said child?

Steph, well done to you and your family! You are all heros! x

This just goes to prove that there is a definite need for dog ownership tests and dog licences.

The "owners" of this poor dog......prison is too bloody good for them! Bring back the death penalty! (Which this poor dog was destined to from the start, unfortunately. ).
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Thank you all, yes it would appear we (at the moment anyway) don't exsist.

Pat and I have been out the front putting in a small fence down the front garden, a number of relatives have come and gone but no-one has spoken to us, not even the childs Father who we have seen several times.

I thought they might of spoken to Pat and thanked him, as they rarely speak to females in conversation, but No, they haven't spoken to him either.

Nick (who's porch I used) tells me he's not being spoken to either even though he walked over to them to ask how the child was, he said that when he asked they just said ''fine'' without looking at him. He thinks it is because he was overheard saying to someone else, ''I think the dog wasn't too bad once he settled down and that it thought it was having a ''tug of war'' game'' Whooooops.

We have been approached by several other neighboursm who witnessed it all and they have all said ''My you were brave I don't think I could of helped her'', but obviously the family of the child have taken things personal as to how we handled things.

But in my mind (which is clear of any guilt) first I wouldn't of allowed anyone to bash a dogs head in whilst I was holding it as I think that is an awful thing to do, plus my own FS and other children were around and I wouldn't of sanctioned anything like that for them to witness ontop of the attack of a child.

So with a clear conscience I will hold my head high So it is up to them if they feel I had feelings for the dog, I did I admitt, and for thier child too.

Yep, you keep on doing that, you did what you could , its not your fault, they are so ungracious..

Dont worry, they will find their manners and gratitude when they need you give evidence for their compensation when they sue

And I know what my answer would be too
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yep, you keep on doing that, you did what you could , its not your fault, they are so ungracious..

Dont worry, they will find their manners and gratitude when they need you give evidence for their compensation when they sue

Echo that whole post.

How dare they be so rude!! This whole situation stinks! You have an irresponsible ****wit who has caused the death of an animal and the pain to a little girl and her family. Your family act responsibly and in the interests of both parties and now they're all having a go at you!!

**** em then if that is their attitude.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I've just read this, well done you, its a shame that the poor dog and the child had to suffer at the hands of idiots, the only saving grace in this story was that the dog had been neutered so hopefully its not had puppies, as how knows how the drunk would let have them!!

How rude of the family though, you saved their child, I was thinking about tug-o'-war to, I think that everyone whose ever played that with thier dogs see's how they react, so I don't think that would ever stop a dog from attacking a child! I'm just glad that there was people there who understood dogs, you prevented things being a whole lot worse, well done.

Your a hero, and not just a Dogsey one either
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 06:17 PM

Good point , if it was me I just wouldn't be able to remember a thing
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Oh my god. Poor dog and poor child. How old was said child?

Steph, well done to you and your family! You are all heros! x

This just goes to prove that there is a definite need for dog ownership tests and dog licences.

The "owners" of this poor dog......prison is too bloody good for them! Bring back the death penalty! (Which this poor dog was destined to from the start, unfortunately. ).
Think she is around 8yrs, she is only a small built child so difficult to say really.

Funny that Pat said exactly the same this afternoon, shame the answer will be No from us if they do, done our bit I'm afraid and thats as far as we go.

Pat (IMO) was a saint as he isn't used to handling dogs, and to do what he did (even though he thought the dog was attacking me bless him) I thought was great, as he could of been seriously mauled too. After I used the breaking stick he swept that child out of the way and that takes guts, when someone isn't used to dogs ways.

I know he's used to ours but compared to a Pitbull they are cuddly toys.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I've just read this, well done you, its a shame that the poor dog and the child had to suffer at the hands of idiots, the only saving grace in this story was that the dog had been neutered so hopefully its not had puppies, as how knows how the drunk would let have them!!

How rude of the family though, you saved their child, I was thinking about tug-o'-war to, I think that everyone whose ever played that with thier dogs see's how they react, so I don't think that would ever stop a dog from attacking a child! I'm just glad that there was people there who understood dogs, you prevented things being a whole lot worse, well done.

Your a hero, and not just a Dogsey one either
Actually I fully agree with the tug of war thing too, as does Nick (our neighbour) I still think witnessing that so close up he thought to himself ''this is a great game'' sad I know as ''leave it'' meant nothing to him, but there it is and a child ends up seriouly hurt
Page 7 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »