Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stripe
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Dog. Ownership. Test.
Yes what a good idea (never thought of that one) it might even stop irresponsible/unsuitable owners from getting dogs in the first place.

Well done YS if you had not been there it could have been a lot worse.
All the best
Stripe
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Heroic. That's what you, Pat and FS are. No doubt in my mind.

I feel for the child and the dog. The Asian race are generally nervous of dogs, and this incident must have terrifed them.

The dog will be dead soon - pts - and, in my opinion, will be in a better place.

Hugs hon x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 06:26 AM
All so sad. I hope all your wound heal quickly...both inside and out,dreadful thing to witness.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 06:55 AM
The poor child - she was lucky you , Pat and FS were there and prepared to intervene. Kudos to you three xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Well done to you Steph and to Pat and what a wee star your FS sounds. Once again mindles Ba$*ards having powerful untrained dogs. No wonder it attacked, fear excitement the chase, the high pitched scream, the scents etc etc. Poor Pit may it run free, free from ignorance and abuse. And the poor girl who was attacked I sincerely hope her wounds, physical and emotional heal. Hugs to you all and well done as it could have been so much worse ifyou hadn't acted so wisely and quickly. xxxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Thankfully you three were there to intervene it could have all had a different outcome otherwise. Poor child and poor dog.
Definitely hero's of the day. Hugs x
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I'm so sorry for everyone concerned in this but not the dog owner he is totally responsible
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Bloody hell, you don't do things by half! Good job you and Pat and FS were there, even if the family concerned are not very grateful.I feel sorry for the dog, not much of a life and now its ended, what a prick of an owner, I hope they do sue him.
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Yes what a good idea (never thought of that one) it might even stop irresponsible/unsuitable owners from getting dogs in the first place.

Well done YS if you had not been there it could have been a lot worse.
All the best
Stripe
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Heroic. That's what you, Pat and FS are. No doubt in my mind.

I feel for the child and the dog. The Asian race are generally nervous of dogs, and this incident must have terrifed them.

The dog will be dead soon - pts - and, in my opinion, will be in a better place.

Hugs hon x
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
All so sad. I hope all your wound heal quickly...both inside and out,dreadful thing to witness.
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
The poor child - she was lucky you , Pat and FS were there and prepared to intervene. Kudos to you three xx
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Well done to you Steph and to Pat and what a wee star your FS sounds. Once again mindles Ba$*ards having powerful untrained dogs. No wonder it attacked, fear excitement the chase, the high pitched scream, the scents etc etc. Poor Pit may it run free, free from ignorance and abuse. And the poor girl who was attacked I sincerely hope her wounds, physical and emotional heal. Hugs to you all and well done as it could have been so much worse ifyou hadn't acted so wisely and quickly. xxxx
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Thankfully you three were there to intervene it could have all had a different outcome otherwise. Poor child and poor dog.
Definitely hero's of the day. Hugs x
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I'm so sorry for everyone concerned in this but not the dog owner he is totally responsible
Well the update is...........the dog was PTS last night at a emergency vets which the Police Dog Handler took it too.

Not sure what damage done to the childs leg, but I saw them fetch her home this morning at 6am, and carry her in.

I agree with those that say the Dog is in a better place, only because he was definately in the wrong hands so I hope he RIP now and runs in peace.

As regards to the family in hindsight although they are afraid of all dogs, education of not running and waving/screaming would of been more beneficial, and the woman who was dragging the child away making the attack worse turned out to be the owners girlfriend, again education of owning such a breed would of been beneficial because the more she tried to get the child in the air the more exciting it became for the Pitbull.

As for our Foster Son, since he has been here he has been learning about dogs, asking loads and loads of questions, it was only in that incident did I realise that us telling him how to prise a pitbull breed off, had sunk in and thats why he grabbed the stick...........what a star for remembering that

Pat is Fine, he told me afterwards he ''never thought'' he just ran out because he thought the dog was attacking me too......my hero.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:48 AM
What a horrific episode. Well done you for managing to make it so much better than it could have been.

I hope the kid recovers but I would imagine she will be frightened of dogs for a very long time now.

So sad.

rune
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:54 AM
horrendous for all concerned.

poor child and poor dog.

The "owner" well cant say anything about him that is printable.

well done YS Pat and FS !! your all heroes.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »