View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:54 PM
What a shame the owner wasn't on the end of the stick and not your poor Pat. What a ******!!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Unfortunately the owner is very drunk, but he came here shouting his mouth off about the dog, he says (I quote)

OK I hold my hands up.
But Pitbulls are untrainable and they can only kill

I said ''Please go away I don;t wish to listen, if you knew this then why have him, because now he is sentenced to death, all because you bought him''

Owner said..........think you can train him, you have him, I hate it....why didn't you kill it

I asked 'did you have him from a pup'

Ownber Yes

Me....so why not train him instead of leaving him..also BTW he has no collar on'

Owner.....you think you can train him from a pup

Me......Love I could train YOU to jump through hoops if I had you from young.

Owner spouted abuse so we shut the door.

Sadly child and dog suffer once again.
What a brainless person. If he knew pitbulls were 'untrainable' why did he get one!!??? It beggars belief!!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Thank goodness you were on the scene so quickly and effectively.

Jeez, a dog that has never been out and then escapes while (or because) the handler is drunk, totally unprepared for the outside world and now the dog is dead and the girl and her family will bear the scars for a lifetime.

How tragically sad and how very much worse things might have been.

Dog. Ownership. Test.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Can not help wondering if it was 'built up' but then no scars on it, he is a big lad though, all muscle, only 18 months old..can not understand how I have never seen this dog before as it is almost next door to me spoke to my neighbour who said they knew that they had it as they have seen it through thier bathroom window, but it has spent it's life in the garden apparantly eating a shed must of been bored.

sad isn't it that even though the breed is illegal in this country they still end up here and suffer, to be PTS.

Once he had calmed down he was ok with me, very very strong though I had to shut him in my neighbours porch as I couldn't hold him

Didn't realise till Pat just said the stick broke whilst I prised it off her.....jaws like steel
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Can not help wondering if it was 'built up' but then no scars on it, he is a big lad though, all muscle, only 18 months old..can not understand how I have never seen this dog before as it is almost next door to me spoke to my neighbour who said they knew that they had it as they have seen it through thier bathroom window, but it has spent it's life in the garden apparantly eating a shed must of been bored.

sad isn't it that even though the breed is illegal in this country they still end up here and suffer, to be PTS.

Once he had calmed down he was ok with me, very very strong though I had to shut him in my neighbours porch as I couldn't hold him

Didn't realise till Pat just said the stick broke whilst I prised it off her.....jaws like steel
Such a shame mate, you can't really blame the dog, but the stupid t**t of an owner. Makes me so angry.. I can't begin to understand what you must be feeling after handling the dog and calming it down and then just having to hand it over to be pts...terrrible.

Elaine xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Such a shame mate, you can't really blame the dog, but the stupid t**t of an owner. Makes me so angry.. I can't begin to understand what you must be feeling after handling the dog and calming it down and then just having to hand it over to be pts...terrrible.

Elaine xx
Yea it's just dawned on me too.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Awful YS. It could have been a lot worse if you and Pat weren't there, I'm sure. If they knew the dog was a liability, why was it roaming around? I wonder if it had ever seen a child before? Poor girl.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Thank goodness you were on the scene so quickly and effectively.

Jeez, a dog that has never been out and then escapes while (or because) the handler is drunk, totally unprepared for the outside world and now the dog is dead and the girl and her family will bear the scars for a lifetime.

How tragically sad and how very much worse things might have been.

Dog. Ownership. Test.
Pity there is no such thing, sadly the dog has been destroyed now and the child in hospital
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Awful YS. It could have been a lot worse if you and Pat weren't there, I'm sure. If they knew the dog was a liability, why was it roaming around? I wonder if it had ever seen a child before? Poor girl.
Not sure how it got out hun, all I can think off is that because the owner was drunk maybe he left the back gate open I know he had been over to the shop just before it happened as our Foster son told us that he was in the shop when he popped over for me.....god it could of been him!!!!!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Bloody hell, you don't do things by half! Good job you and Pat and FS were there, even if the family concerned are not very grateful.I feel sorry for the dog, not much of a life and now its ended, what a prick of an owner, I hope they do sue him.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »